National Register of Historic Places listings in Brookhaven (town), New York
This is a list of all National Register of Historic Places listings in the Town of Brookhaven, New York. The locations of National Register properties for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below, may be seen in a Google map.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|1||Bald Hill Schoolhouse||
|101 East Broadway
|24 Academy Lane
|4||Bellport Village Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by South Country Road, Bellport Lane, Brown's Lane, Brewster Lane, and Bell Street
|5||Mary Louise Booth Girlhood House||
|E. Main St.
|Yaphank||Childhood home of Mary Louise Booth, 19th-century newspaper editor and French translator. See these links|
|Junction of NY 25A & Runs Road
|7||Caroline Church and Cemetery||
|Junction of Dyke and Bates Roads
|Lewis Walk (at eastern terminus of Ocean Walk)
||Cherry Grove||Early 20th-century beach bungalow was home to theater director Frank Carrington and an early center of gay life on Fire Island; Truman Capote wrote Breakfast at Tiffany's during a stay there.|
|9||Cherry Grove Community House and Theatre||
|180 Bayview Walk
|10||Congregational Church of Patchogue||
|95 East Main Street
|11||Davis Town Meeting House||
|Junction of Middle Country Road and Coram-Mt. Sinai Road
|13||First Congregational Church of New Village||
|North side of Middle Country Road, West of Elliot Avenue
|14||First National Bank of Port Jefferson||
|Main and East Main Streets
|15||William Floyd House||
|20 Washington Avenue
|Shipman's Point, South end of West Meadow Beach
|17||Noah Hallock House||
|172 Hallock Landing Rd.
||Rocky Point||Seaside frame cottage of early settler|
|165 Christian Avenue
|19||Robert Hawkins Homestead||
|20||Homan-Gerard House and Mills||
|Junction Main Street and Yaphank Road
|21||Samuel Hopkins House||
|415 Pipe Stave Hollow Rd.
|22||Nathaniel Longbotham House||
|1541 Stony Brook Road
|23||Masury Estate Ballroom||
|Old Neck Road South
|24||Frank Melville Memorial Park||
|Old Field Rd between Lake St. and Main St.
|25||Middle Island Presbyterian Church||
|271 Middle Country Road
|26||Miller Place Historic District||
|North Country Road
|27||William Sidney Mount House||
|Stony Brook Road and NY 25A
|28||Port Jefferson Village Historic District||
|Roughly along East Main Street, East Broadway, Grant Street, High Street and South Street
|29||Setauket Presbyterian Church and Burial Ground||
|5 Caroline Avenue
|55 Old Post Rd.
|Longwood and Smith Roads
||Ridge||Also known as Longwood Estate - Smith House|
|350 South Country Road
|33||St. Andrew's Episcopal Church||
|34||St. James Chapel||
|East side of Main Street, 250 ft. North of Stony Brook Lane
|35||St. Paul's Episcopal Church Complex||
|31 Rider Avenue
|36||Stony Brook Grist Mill||
|Harbor Road, West of Main Street
|37||Suffolk County Almshouse Barn||
|West of Yaphank Avenue
|81 Main Street
|North Country Road
|40||United Methodist Church||
|South Ocean Avenue and Church Street
|41||Union Savings Bank||
|62 South Ocean Avenue
||Patchogue||On the opposite corner from United Methodist Church (Patchogue, New York)|
|42||US Post Office-Patchogue||
|170 East Main Street
|43||USS SAN DIEGO (Armored Cruiser) Shipwreck Site||
|44||West Meadow Beach Historic District||
|45||Josiah Woodhull House||
|170 North Country Rd.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Date removed||Location||City or town||Summary|
|1||Radio Central Complex||
||S of Rocky Point on Rocky Point-Yaphank Rd.
||Rocky Point vicinity||Currently owned by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. See this link also.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Suffolk County, New York.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in New York
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Suffolk County, New York
- The latitude and longitude information provided is primarily from the National Register Information System, and has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For 1%, the location info may be way off. We seek to correct the coordinate information wherever it is found to be erroneous. Please leave a note in the Discussion page for this article if you believe any specific location is incorrect.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Longwood's Journey (Longwood Library History Website)