National Register of Historic Places listings in Rockingham County, Virginia
This list includes properties and districts listed on the National Register of Historic Places in Rockingham County, Virginia. Click the "Map of all coordinates" link to the right to view a Google map of all properties and districts with latitude and longitude coordinates in the table below.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||City or town||Description|
|North of Harrisonburg on SR 42
|2||John K. Beery Farm||
|North of Harrisonburg off SR 42
|4||Big Run Quarry Site||
|5375 Lynnwood Road
|2477 Bear Lithia Rd.
|5036 Turners Mill Ln.
|8||Bridgewater Historic District||
|Roughly Main St. from North River to Crawford Ave., E. College, Gravel Lane and Bank St.
|9||Cave Hill Farm||
|9780 Cave Hill Rd.
|10||George Chrisman House||
|5341 Shaver Mill Rd.
|253 Contentment Ln.
|12||Dayton Historic District||
|Roughly bounded by Main, Mason, Walnut, Summit, and Bowman Sts.
|13||David and Catherine Driver Farm||
|3796 Long Meadow Dr.
|14||George Earman House||
|109 Pleasant Hill Rd.
|15||Edom Store and Post Office||
|5375 Jesse Bennett Way
|16||Joseph Funk House||
|Junction of VA 601 and VA 602
|18||Stephen Harnsberger House||
|19||Daniel Harrison House||
|Northeast of Dayton on SR 42
|6529 Port Republic Rd.
||Port Republic vicinity|
|17271 Spotswood Trail
|23||Kyle's Mill House||
|1764 Cross Keys Rd.
|24||Lincoln Homestead and Cemetery||
|South of the junction of VA 684 and 42
|25||Linville Creek Bridge||
|South of Broadway on SR 1421
|2525 Fridleys Gap Rd.
|1334B Fridley's Gap Rd.
|4713 Wengers Mill Rd.
|29||Massanetta Springs Historic District||
|712 Massanetta Springs Rd.
|30||Melrose Caverns and Harrison Farmstead||
|6639 N. Valley Pike
|302 Rockingham St.
||Elkton||Headquarters of Confederate General Stonewall Jackson during the Shenandoah Valley Campaign of the American Civil War|
|32||Peter Paul House||
|North of Dayton on VA 701
|33||Jonathan Peale House||
|67 Cross Keys Rd.
|14767 Plains Mill Road
|35||Port Republic Historic District||
|VA 605 and VA 865
|36||Singers Glen Historic District||
|Junction of VA 613 and VA 712
|Northwest of Broadway off VA 617
|38||Skyline Drive Historic District||
|Shenandoah National Park, from the north entrance station at Front Royal to the south entrance station at Rockfish Gap
|3712 Taylor Spring Ln.
|40||Timberville Historic District||
|Bounded by Main, Bellevue, Montevideo, High, Church & S. C Sts., Maple Ave.
|South of Broadway at the junction of SR 786 and SR 42
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places in Rockingham County, Virginia.|
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Virginia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Harrisonburg, Virginia
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Virginia
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. For about 1% of NRIS original coordinates, experience has shown that one or both coordinates are typos or otherwise extremely far off; some corrections may have been made. A more subtle problem causes many locations to be off by up to 150 yards, depending on location in the country: most NRIS coordinates were derived from tracing out latitude and longitudes off of USGS topographical quadrant maps created under the North American Datum of 1927, which differs from the current, highly accurate WGS84 GPS system used by most on-line maps. Chicago is about right, but NRIS longitudes in Washington are higher by about 4.5 seconds, and are lower by about 2.0 seconds in Maine. Latitudes differ by about 1.0 second in Florida. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- "National Register of Historic Places: Weekly List Actions". National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved on January 23, 2015.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2008-04-24.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.