Obverse Books is a British publisher known for publishing books relating to the character Iris Wildthyme. The company also owns publishing rights for short stories based on Faction Paradox and Sexton Blake and has an e-book only imprint named Manleigh Books.
The company was founded in 2008 by Stuart Douglas and Paul Magrs. Obverse's first book was a 2009 collection of short stories featuring the character Iris Wildthyme, first seen in the Doctor Who universe. Further volumes of Iris Wildthyme short stories have followed annually.
In 2010 the company expanded their line to include story collections from single authors and collections that did not focus primarily on science-fiction. That same year the company also acquired the rights to publish short story collections based on Faction Paradox.
In 2011 Obverse launched The Obverse Quarterly, a series of paperback books aimed at genre fans. The series contains stories by authors such as Conrad Williams and Michael Moorcock, and new stories featuring Zenith the Albino, Sherlock Holmes and The City of the Saved, amongst others. That same year Obverse began publishing a series of tete-beche collections as part of the resurgence of such books in the speculative fiction market. The following year Obverse launched an ebook-only imprint, Manleigh Books.
Obverse obtained the rights to the character of Sexton Blake in 2013 with the intent to relaunch the Sexton Blake Library.
- Iris Wildthyme and the Celestial Omnibus (eds, Paul Magrs and Stuart Douglas, 29 May 2009)
- The Panda Book of Horror (eds, Stuart Douglas and Paul Magrs, 12 December 2009)
- Miss Wildthyme and Friends Investigate (collection of linked novellas, 10 June 2010)
- Iris: Abroad (eds, Stuart Douglas and Paul Magrs, December 2010)
- Wildthyme in Purple (ed, Stuart Douglas and Cody Quijano-Schell)
- Fifteen (ed, Stuart Douglas, August 2013)
- A Romance in Twelve Parts (ed Stuart Douglas, 2011)
- Burning with Optimism's Flames (ed Julian Eales, 2012)
- Against Nature - Lawrence Burton (2013)
- The Brakespeare Voyage - Simon Bucher-Jones and Jonathan Dennis (2013)
- Liberating Earth (ed Kate Orman, 2014)
The Obverse Quarterly
- Book 1.1: Bite Sized Horror (ed Johnny Mains)
- Book 1.2: Señor 105 and the Elements of Danger (ed Cody Quijano-Schell)
- Book 1.3: The Diamond Lens and Other Stories (the short fiction of Fitz James O'Brien)
- Book 1.4: Zenith Lives!: Tales of M.Zenith, the Albino
- Book 2.1: Tales of the City (ed Philip Purser-Hallard)
- Book 2.2: Lady Stardust (Iris Wildthyme and David Bowie)
- Book 2.3: The Casebook of the Manleigh Halt Irregulars (ed Philip Craggs)
- Book 2.4: The Obverse Book of Detectives (ed Stuart Douglas)
- The Obverse Book of Ghosts (ed, Cavan Scott, November 2010)
- With Deepest Sympathy - Johnny Mains (October 2010)
- Skaldenland - Jim Mortimore (May 2011)
- Team Up - Paul Magrs and George Mann
- The Ninnies - Paul Magrs (April 2012)
- The Newbury and Hobbes Annual 2013 - George Mann (December 2012)
The Periodic Adventures of Señor 105 (Manleigh Books)
- The Gulf, or Señor 105 y el Cráter Misterioso by Cody Quijano-Schell (2012)
- The Grail, or Señor 105 y el Pueblo del Gobernador Demente by Lawrence Burton (2012)
- By the Time I Get to Venus, or Recuerda by Blair Bidmead (2012)
- Señor 105 and the Secret Santa, or El Santa, el Barbudo de Plata by Stuart Douglas (2012)
- Green Eyed and Grim, or Aquí Hay Dragones by Selina Lock (2013)
- Horizon, or Señor 105 contra las Momias Locas de Odinhotep by Philip Purser-Hallard (2013)
Other Manleigh Books titles
- The Blue Landscape by Stewart Sheargold (2012)