||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|Native name||عمر متولى|
April 10, 1974
New York, United States
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Education||American Conservatory Theater|
|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley|
Early Life and Education
Metwally was born in Queens, New York to an Egyptian father and a Dutch mother, and moved with the family to Orange County, California at age three, where he was raised. Metwally gained a BA in History from the University of California, Berkeley, and while acting around the Bay area gained an Master of Fine Arts in Acting from the American Conservatory Theater, San Francisco.
Metwally's film roles include Gavin Hood's Rendition and Steven Spielberg's Munich, The City of Your Final Destination, released in 2010 (filmed 2006–07), and Amsterdam. He received the 2008 Chopard Trophy for his work in "Rendition," presented at the Cannes Film Festival. Metwally will also be seen in the forthcoming film "Miral" from director Julian Schnabel.
Metwally moved to New York in January 2000 and began working there, appearing in 2005 as "Aram" in Beast on the Moon directed by Larry Moss, and receiving a 2004 Tony Award nomination for his work in Sixteen Wounded. He has worked with the New York Arab-American Comedy Festival, first as an actor and then as a director. He has also appeared at theaters around the country, including Steppenwolf, The Public, the Long Wharf, Berkeley Rep, and many others.
He also appeared in 2013 independent movie Non-Stop as an Israeli doctor on board the flight.
Metwally resides in California.
- 1999 – Nash Bridges (TV series) Mobster #3
- 2002 – New Americans – Anwar Beshrabi
- 2005 – Life on the Ledge – Druggist
- 2005 – Munich – Ali
- 2006 – Twenty Questions – Mr. Assad
- 2006 – Grey's Anatomy – Jesse Fannon (1 episode)
- 2006 – The Unit – Wirth (1 episode)
- 2007 – Rendition – Anwar El-Ibrahimi
- 2007 – The City of Your Final Destination – Omar Razaghi
- 2008 – Amsterdam
- 2009 – Virtuality (TV movie) Dr. Adin Meyer
- 2010 – Miral Hani
- 2011 – Unforgettable (TV series)ADA Adam Gilroy
- 2011 – The Good Wife(TV series) Wasim Al-Said– A New Day
- 2012 – The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 – Amun
- 2014 – Non-Stop – Dr. Fahim Nasir
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|