Paris School of Economics
|Paris School of Economics|
|Ecole d'économie de Paris|
The Paris School of Economics, created on 21 December 2006 in Paris, France, is a conglomerate of leading French universities offering masters, PhDs and post-graduate research fellowships in economics.
Foundation and organization
Inaugurated by Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin in 2007 and located in Paris, the PSE aims to draw staff from: École normale supérieure, École Nationale des Ponts et Chaussées, École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales (EHESS), Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA), the University of Paris I: Panthéon-Sorbonne. It is part of the French official research center, the Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS). PSE has an exchange program with UC Berkeley and recently announced a global partnership with NYU.
Its contributory economics faculties, including the Ecole Normale Superieure, École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales, the Ecole Polytechnique and ENSAE, are ranked between the top 13 among 53 departments worldwide by publication output of the top five scholars. According to the global economics departments ranking released in May 2014 by RePEc, it was ranked at 7 worldwide.
- Robert Allen (Oxford University)
- Anthony B. Atkinson (Oxford University)
- Olivier Blanchard (MIT)
- Richard Blundell (University College à l'University of London)
- Graziella Caselli (Université "La Sapienza", à Rome)
- Paul A. David (Stanford University)
- Rodolphe Dos Santos (University of Strasbourg)
- Jon Elster (Collège de France)
- Andreu Mas Colell (Pompeu Fabra University- Barcelona GSE)
- James Mirrlees (University of Cambridge)
- Torsten Persson (Stockholm University)
- Patrick Rey (Université de Toulouse)
- Dani Rodrik (Kennedy School of Government of Harvard)
- Amartya Sen (Harvard University)
- Joseph Stiglitz (Columbia University)
- Viviana Zelizer (Princeton University)
- "APE and PPD Masters - New Berkeley & PSE exchange program - Paris School of Economics". Parisschoolofeconomics.eu. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- "16th June - NYU and PSE to announce global partnership - Paris School of Economics". Parisschoolofeconomics.eu. 2011-06-17. Retrieved 2012-06-23.
- Coupe, Tom. "Revealed Performances: Worldwide Rankings of Economists and Economics Departments 1969–2000". Scribd.com.
- "Top 25% Economics Departments, as of December 2012". Ideas.repec.org.
- Paris School of Economics official website
- "APE: Analyse et Politique Economiques" Graduate Program of PSE
- "PPD: Public policy and development" Graduate Program of PSE
- "ETE: Economie Théorique et Empirique" Graduate Program of PSE and Paris I