|IATA: YPQ – ICAO: CYPQ
– WMO: 71436
|Operator||City of Peterborough|
|Time zone||EST (UTC−05:00)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC−04:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||628 ft / 191 m|
|Source: Canada Flight Supplement
Movements from Statistics Canada.
Peterborough Airport, (IATA: YPQ, ICAO: CYPQ), is located 3 nautical miles (5.6 km; 3.5 mi) south-southwest of the city of Peterborough, Ontario, Canada. The airport includes a main 7,000 by 100 ft (2,134 by 30 m) asphalt runway oriented east-west, and a smaller 1,782 by 100 ft (543 by 30 m) turf runway oriented northwest-southeast. A new terminal building is to be completed in 2011. The Kawartha Lakes Flight Centre and Toronto Avionics have the largest aircraft storage facilities at the airport.
The airport is classified as an airport of entry by NAV CANADA and is staffed by the Canada Border Services Agency. CBSA officers at this airport currently can handle general aviation aircraft only, with no more than 15 passengers.
Work has been completed to expand the existing 5,000 ft (1,524 m) asphalt runway to 7,000 ft (2,134 m), making the runway capable of handling larger aircraft such as the Airbus A320 and the Boeing 737.
Seneca College will have its aviation programs relocated to Peterborough Airport, after their former airport is slated to close. Seneca wants to begin classes at its new facility at the Peterborough Airport by January 2014. The $8.6 million contract has been awarded to Mortlock Construction Inc. Mortlock would expand an existing building that the city owns at the airport to about 46,000 square feet from 21,000 square feet, and complete the interior of the structure to the college’s specifications with offices, rooms for flight simulators, classrooms, a student lounge, washrooms and a kitchen. Seneca’s School of Aviation and Flight Technology would bring about 150 students and about 18 aircraft to the airport. 
- Airtech Canada Aviation Services - aircraft engineering, manufacturing, and modification company; customer interior for medevac clients
- Angels of Flight Canada Incorporated - air ambulance service
- Flying Colour Corporation - aircraft care and design
- International Aircraft Support & Turbine Engine Sales - parts supplier for the Beechcraft King Air, 1900 Airliner and Pratt & Whitney Gas Turbine engines
- Turbine Engine Sales - Pratt & Whitney parts supplier
- Kadex Aero Supply - surplus aircraft parts wholesaler
- President Air Charter - business charter
- Rapid Aircraft Repair Incorporated
- Shield Source Incorporated - manufacture of self-luminous egress signs
- The Landing27 Bistro - Family Dining
- Toronto Avionics - aircraft electronics and avionics repair
- Transport Canada
- Complete Aviation Services Limited FBO
- Vector Air Limited - executive class air charter service
- W.M. Aeroservice - general aviation maintenance, aircraft repair, private and commercial pilot training
- Centreline Aviation Services
- Otonabee Airways or (Air Atonabee Limited 1980) 1975-1984
The airport is reached by car from Highway 115 via Airport Road. Parking is limited to the small lots along Airport Road.
- Canada Flight Supplement. Effective 0901Z 17 October 2013 to 0901Z 12 December 2013
- Synoptic/Metstat Station Information
- Total aircraft movements by class of operation
- Past three hours METARs, SPECI and current TAFs for Peterborough Airport from Nav Canada as available.