|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
Qaem Shahr pronunciation (help·info) (Persian: قائم شَهر, also Romanized as Qā’em Shahr; formerly ‘Alīābād (Persian: عَلی آباد), Shāhābād (Persian: شاه آباد), and Shāhi (Persian: شاهی)  is a city in and the capital of Qaem Shahr County, Mazandaran Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 174,246, in 48,055 families.
Originally known as `Aliyabad, the name Ŝâhi (Shāhi) was used until the Iranian Revolution in 1979 when the city acquired its current name.
In 1951 Qa'em Shahr's population was around 18,000, growing to 123,684 in 1991. The city has a lot of problems with the growing population. Although the maze of Seyyed Mahalleh has kept its old shape, the old houses with gardens are replaced with apartment buildings. Still the roads are too small, especially in the center of the town, and the rest of the infrastructure does not match the need.
The city is where the North Iranian railway quits the fertile plains of Mazandaran to cross the highest mountain range of the Middle East, the Elburz.
Artists named Ghaemshahr Mansour Sadeghi guitar teacher, composer and singer of pop music
- Nader Dastneshan (b. 1960) - football player and coach
- Fereydoon Fazli (b. 1971) - football player
- Babak Nourzad (b. 1978) - wrestler
- Mojtaba Tarshiz (b. 1978) - football player
- Farshid Talebi (b. 1981) - football player
- Maysam Baou (b. 1983) - football player
- Mehdi Jafarpour (b. 1984) - football player
- Mehrdad Oladi (b. 1985) - football player
- Mehrdad Kafshgari (b. 1987) - football player
- Behdad Salimi (b. 1989) - weightlifter
- Mohammad Abbaszadeh (b. 1990) - football player
- Ali Alipour (b. 1995) - football player
- Farhad majidi - football player
- Behnam Tayyebi - wrestler
- Jaber Sadeghzadeh (b. 1991) - wrestler
- Ahmad Mohammadi (b. 1989) - wrestler
- Qaem Shahr can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3078746" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (EXCEL) on 2011-11-11.
|This Qaem Shahr County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|