List of radio stations in Auckland
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Radio stations in Auckland)
|87.6 FM||West Coast Radio|
|87.9 FM||Boosh FM||Electronic music|
|87.9 FM||The Flat||Electronic music||2011|
|88.0 FM||Fleet FM||2003|
|88.1 FM||Howick Village Radio||Freeform||2008|
|88.1 FM||Closed in 2008: Retro Hit Radio||1980s and 1990s||2004|
|88.1 FM||Static 88.1FM||AUT student radio|
|88.2 FM||Radio Samoa||1998|
|88.2 FM||The Flea 88.2||1999|
|88.3 FM||Waiheke Radio||Freeform radio||2008|
|88.6 FM||Mai FM||Sky Tower, CBD||Urban contemporary||1992|
|89.4 FM||Newstalk ZB||Sky Tower, CBD||Talk radio||1993|
|89.4 FM||Closed in 1993: Triple M, 89Rock, 89 Stereo FM||Rock music||1983|
|89.9 FM||Times FM||Orewa, Rodney||Popular music|
|90.2 FM||The Rock||Sky Tower, CBD||Active rock||1999|
|90.2 FM||Closed in 1999: Radio Pacific, Nuu FM, Fine Music, KeyWest||Sky Tower, CBD||1990|
|90.6 FM||Radio Chinese||Chinese radio||1997|
|91.0 FM||91ZM: The Breeze on 91, Magic 91FM||Sky Tower, CBD||Contemporary hits||1983|
|91.8 FM||More FM Auckland||Sky Tower, CBD||Adult contemporary||1993|
|91.8 FM||Closed in 1993: Today 92FM, Radio i FM92, bFM||1985|
|92.6 FM||Radio New Zealand Concert||Sky Tower, CBD||Classical||1986|
|93.4 FM||The Breeze: Solid Gold, Kool 93, Oldies 93.4, Easy 93FM||Sky Tower, CBD||Easy listening||1990|
|93.8 FM||The Sound||Sky Tower, CBD||Classic rock||2006|
|93.8 FM||Closed in 2006: Kiwi FM, Channel Z||Sky Tower, CBD||Classic rock||2003|
|93.8 FM||Closed in 1994: KAFM Waiheke||Waiheke Island||1993|
|94.2 FM||The Edge||Sky Tower, CBD||Pop music||2003|
|94.2 FM||Closed in 2003: Channel Z, Country FM, Oasis 94.2FM||Sky Tower, CBD||1989|
|95.0 FM||bFM||Sky Tower, CBD||Student radio||1990|
|95.4 FM||Closed in 2004: Mai FM's Red FM||Sky Tower, CBD||Māori radio||2001|
|95.8 FM||Flava||Sky Tower, CBD||Urban contemporary||2010|
|95.8 FM||Closed in 2010: Real Good Life, Counties Manukau Radio, Mai FM, Q96||1994|
|96.1 FM||Decommissioned in 2010: Flava, Cool Blue 96.1FM, The Beat, 9inety6dot1||1997|
|96.6 FM||George FM: Soul FM||Sky Tower, CBD||1996|
|97.4 FM||The Hits 97.4, Classic Hits 97FM||Sky Tower, CBD||Adult contemporary||1989|
|97.8 FM||Times FM||Orewa, Rodney||Popular music|
|98.2 FM||Mix 98.2: Easy Mix, Viva, Easy Listening i98||Sky Tower, CBD||1990|
|98.2 FM||Closed in 2014: Radio Sport||Sky Tower, CBD||2012|
|99.0 FM||Radio Hauraki||Sky Tower, CBD||1990|
|99.4 FM||Real Good Life||Chinese radio||2009|
|99.8 FM||Life FM||Sky Tower, CBD||Contemporary Christian music||1997|
|99.8 FM||Closed in 1997: Radio Manukau, Country FM, Today 99.8FM||Sky Tower, CBD||Various||1990|
|100.6 FM||Radio Live||Sky Tower, CBD||Talk radio||2005|
|100.6 FM||Closed in 2001: George FM||Dance||1998|
|101.4 FM||Radio New Zealand National||Sky Tower, CBD|
|102.2 FM||Kiwi||Sky Tower, CBD||New Zealand music||2006|
|103.8 FM||Niu FM||Sky Tower, CBD||Pacific||2003|
|104.2||New Supremo||Chinese radio||2009|
|104.6 FM||Planet FM||Sky Tower, CBD||Public access radio|
|105.4 FM||Coast||Sky Tower, CBD||Middle road||2004|
|106.2 FM||Humm FM||Hindi radio||2011|
|106.2 FM||Closed in 2010: Big 106.2||Hindi radio||2008|
|106.9 FM||K FM Radio|
|107.1 FM||GOfm 107dot1||Variety||2004|
|107.1 FM||Botany Radio|
|107.1 FM||Base FM||Ponsonby||Electronic music||2008|
|107.4 FM||Waiheke Radio||Waiheke Island||Freeform||2008|
|107.4 FM||BLENZ FM||Stillwater|
|107.5 FM||UP FM||Dance music||2002|
|107.7 FM||Closed in 2010: Trend FM||Hinglish||2007|
|107.7 FM||Closed in 2007: Twisted Radio||Electronic music||2004|
|531 AM||Radio 531PI||Manukau||Pacific radio||1993|
|603 AM||Radio Waatea: Yes AM, Aotearoa Radio||Henderson||Māori bilingual radio||1988|
|702 AM||Radio Live: Radio Pacific||Henderson||Talk radio||1990|
|756 AM||Radio New Zealand National||Henderson||Public radio||1923|
|810 AM||BBC World Service Trust: Access Radio 810AM||Henderson||Public radio||2000|
|882 AM||Southern Star/AM Network||Henderson||Christian radio/Parliament||1999|
|882 AM||Closed in 1986: Concert Radio||Henderson||Classical music||1948|
|936 AM||New Supremo, Counties Manukau Radio||Henderson||Chinese radio||1997|
|990 AM||Apna 990AM||Henderson||Indian radio||2005|
|990 AM||Closed in 2003: BBC Mandarin Service: BBC World Service||Henderson||Public radio||1995|
|1080 AM||Newstalk ZB||Henderson||Talk radio||1926|
|1179 AM||Radio Ake||Henderson||Ngāti Whātua iwi station||2009|
|1179 AM||Closed in 2009: Voice of Samoa, Ruia Mai||Henderson||Pacific, Māori||1996|
|1251 AM||Radio Rhema||Henderson||Christian radio||1989|
|1251 AM||Closed in 1989: Classic Hits 1251 1ZM, 1ZM||Henderson||Adult contemporary||1978|
|1332 AM||Radio Sport: Sports Roundup||Henderson||Sports radio||1997|
|1332 AM||Closed in 1997: Radio i1332||Henderson||Easy listening||1978|
|1386 AM||Radio Tarana||Henderson||Indian radio||1996|
|1386 AM||Closed in 1994: Radio Liberty, BBC World Service||Henderson||Public radio||1991|
|1476 AM||LiveSport/Radio Trackside: Radio Pacific/Radio Trackside||Henderson||Sports talk||2007|
|1476 AM||Closed in 2005: BBC World Service, The Point, 1476 Airport Radio, Radio Hauraki||Henderson||Public radio||1978|
|1593 AM||Radio Samoa||Eden Park||Samoan radio||1999|
|1593 AM||Closed in 1999: Southern Star, Reo Atu Motu, Radio Pacific||Henderson||Christian contemporary||1979|
- ZFM, All Hits, No Misses! - Top 40/CHR station launched 5 January 2014, featuring presenters from New Zealand and Australia.
Low power stations
- Echo Fm is a multi-genre station set up in early 2006 as 'Springs FM' but has since changed its name. It reaches Western Springs, Grey Lynn, Ponsonby, Newmarket, Point Chevalier and Mt Albert. It broadcasts on 88.1 from Western Springs.
- "The Spirit" 88.1 fm, Waitakere City. The Spirit is an easy listening Christian alternative, the emphasis is on great music and a great Jesus. Program is 95% music with short 90sec programmes on creation, scripture, music and life and a half hour drama each Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon. Sundays are all-day praise and worship. The Spirit fm has been running since 2004
- Static FM 88.1, Central Auckland. Run by Bachelor of Communication Studies students majoring in Radio at the Auckland University of Technology, commonly known as AUT.
- MashFM 106.8,(RDS) Auckland City. (Was XlinkFM).
- Base FM 107.3 (with RDS) from Ponsonby Rd (George FM building)
Community Radio, Browns Bay, broadcasting from 689 East Coast Road; hobby station, music programme, with announcements and a few ads on the hour.
- Boosh FM 87.7 Auckland CBD from the old Twisted studio on K rd.
- Radio Chomsky 107.1 broadcasting from Great North Road. Radio Chomsky was one of the first LPFM broadcasters.
- Twisted on 88.3fm, broadcasting from Fruitvale, West Auckland, and internationally on Ustream. Twisted has been on air, online and ad free for seven years, and is now run by Twisted DJs after a takeover in 2009. With music, comedy, science, tech & green news, the g33k show, and skeptical Sundays for atheists.
- BirkenHead FM 107.1 broadcasting from Birkenhead high point shopping centre. Has been causing concern to other lpfm operators since mid October in regards to its questionable transmission power, and lack of communication by the owner.
- The Flea 88.2 on 88.2 (with RDS) broadcasting with 0.3 watts from North Head, Devonport, widely heard because of superior aerial location. The Flea also streams live via The Flea website.
- The Flat FM on 87.9 from Birkenhead on the North Shore. Also broadcasts via internet stream. Not your basic top 40 station- The Flat strives to cover what other radio stations don't.
- Fleet FM on 88.3 from upper Symonds Street (with RDS). Also broadcasts in Wellington City via internet stream.
- KFM 106.9fm on Karangahape Road. [notes 1] Also repeats on 106.9fm from Redoubt Road, Manukau City via internet stream.
- UP FM on 107.5 from upper Symonds Street [notes 2] also 107.5 from Mount Hobson's southern face.
- TLC Radio in Otahuhu 107.7, Waitakere 107.5 (by call sign WCCR), Huntly 107.1, Stratford 107.7 and Napier 107.1, Wellington 88.4
- Mountainside FM on 88.3fm and 107.3fm in Panmure.
- Kool FM on 106.7 in Queen Street. One of two stations used by New Zealand Radio Training School students.
- Spider FM on 107.5fm in Avondale. Named after the famed Avondale Spider.
- GOfm 107dot1 on 107.1FM in Titirangi. Broadcasts from the historic Lopdell House. Operated on a not for profit basis by the Titirangi Community Radio Trust for the benefit of the local community. On-air since August 2004.
- Botany Radio, 107.1fm in Botany On air now!
- Howick Village Radio 88.1fm & 107.7fm in Howick The official Howick radio station.
- Bay Classics on 88.2fm in Browns Bay.
- Blockhouse Bay Radio 88.3 (since may07, was 107.7 til then) speeches and talks, music from 6pm to 9pm.
- Hope City FM (a.k.a. Hope City Radio) 87.8fm broadcasting a mix of new and old Christian music from Maioro Street in Avondale to New Windsor, Blockhouse Bay, Sandringham and Mount Roskill. Run by Counties Radio's Patrick Casey who also presents The Saturday Bonanza. Also broadcasts That Faithful Feeling each Friday with Britain's Steve Goble.
- College FM 107.6fm, Pakuranga. Run by students at Pakuranga College.
- Calvary Chapel Radio on 106.7fm in Glenfield, and Hillpark, Manurewa (Orams Road). Calvary Chapel Radio is available on the Sky Radio platform.
- 3ABN on 107.3fm from Halberg Street, Papakura. Simulcasting the Three Angels Broadcasting Network from the [http://space.skyrocket.de/doc_sdat/optus-b.htm Optus B3 satellite.
- Radio Austral on 107.3fm from Mangere East. NZ's only 24/7 Spanish broadcaster.
- Free FM on 88.2fm, Orewa. Best of the old, best of the new, Rock Hits.
- Piha Radio broadcasting to Piha on 87.7FM.
- Nostalgia Radio 107.7fm, West Auckland. Music from the 1930s to the 1960s. Run by Newstalk ZB's Jim Sutton
- Franklin FM on 107.0fm, Pukekohe
- 107WATFM on 107.3fm. Manukau City. Broadcasting as part of a Certificate in Radio at MSL Training Ltd, students are on air from 9am-3pm daily.
- SJAC on 106.7fm, Mangere Bridge. Christian music and community notices from St James Church, Mangere.
- Rhythm FM on 88.3fm. Broadcasts from Randwick Park School, Manurewa. Broadcasting since August 2006.
- unknown on 107.7fm. Ethnic format near Wattle Downs, Manurewa. Limited range toward Clendon shopping centre.
- Memories FM on 106.7fm. The music of yesterday and more broadcasting from Hillpark toward Manurewa and suburbs.
- Beacon FM on 107.1fm in Papatoetoe and 88.1fm St Heliers. Christian Country & Religious broadcasts.
- Radio Kowhai 107.3 FM Finnlayson Park School Manurewa. In English, Maori and Samoan. School community radio.
- Trend FM 107.7fm in West Auckland (Mt. Roskill, Lynnfield, Avondale, New Lynn, Green Bay, New Windsor & Kelston).
- Radio Manurewa 88.3fm in Manurewa (political talks) on air since 1. December 2007.
- Pirate FM 88.1 West Auckland's only rock station, Glendene
- Waiheke Radio 88.3 and 107.4, Waiheke Island.
- Splash FM 88.1 Onetangi Waiheke Island.
- West Coast Radio WCR 87.6 FM in West Auckland, plays most genres of music with News, Sport and Weather on the hour, Headlines and Weather on the half hour. Local and Council information/ad breaks every hour, broadcasting from the Elevation Cafe, Waiatarua.
- Peak FM 88.3 in West Auckland, plays a lot of Dub Step with short add breaks every hour. Broadcasting from Waitacks as of 18th Dec 2011. Tune in for the best bass out west. No longer broadcasting as of 23 May 2012
- unknown on 87.8 in Glen Eden as of 25th Oct 2010 emitting a carrier frequency only.
- 3ABN http://www.3abnaustralia.org.au - Radio Waitac 87.9 FM - Auckland, Massey West, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Peninsula, Henderson.This station retransmits the Optus D2 satellite signal. Religious Programming only. Transmitting since 27/10/2010. 70 Don Buck Road Massey. No Local Content.
- Tourist FM on 88.2 broadcasting from Auckland central.
- BLENZ Community Radio 107.7 Stillwater's Community Radio Station, plays most genres with live DJ broadcasts on weekends, AutoDJ during the week. Tech Talk Radio and Marine News and Weather. Broadcasting since March 2011.
- Radio SUR 87.8 Has been causing a lot of problems for other broadcasters due to their over modulated signal and highly questionable transmission power.
- Unknown Techno Station 87.9 [notes 3] Broadcasting from 74A Bradbury Road, Botany Downs.
- Unknown Indian Station 87.6 [notes 4] Broadcasting from 288 Point View Drive, Dannemora.