Ram Sarup Ankhi
|Ram Sarup Ankhi|
28 August 1932
Dhaula (now Sangrur district), British Punjab
|Died||14 February 2010
Barnala, East Punjab (Indian Punjab)
|Occupation||Writer, Novelist, Poet|
|Known for||Partapi, Kothe Kharhak Singh|
Ram Sarup Ankhi (Punjabi: ਰਾਮ ਸਰੂਪ ਅਣਖੀ) was a Sahitya Akademi Award winner Punjabi writer, novelist and poet of Punjab. He started as a poet but ended up as a fiction writer. He received Sarb Shresht Sahitkaar award in 2009.
Ankhi was born on 28 August 1932, to a Brahmin family, in the village of Dhaula in [[barnala district]] of Indian Punjab. He left his college-study and did agriculture and then got a job as a school teacher and got retired in 1990. He married thrice and survived by his widow, three daughters and two sons.
He started his career as a poet but ended as fiction writer. There are 15 novels, eight-story-books and five poem collections to his credit. He mostly wrote about the village life of Punjab; about farmer suicide and indebtedness and drug addiction etc. His well-known works includes Kothe Kharhak Singh (1985), Partapi (1993), Dulle Di Dhab (2003), Salphas, Kanak Da Qatleam. Malhe Jharhian (1988) and Apni Mitti De Rukh (2004) are the autobiographies.
He received the Sahitya Akademi Award given by Sahitya Akademi, India's National Academy of Letters in 1987 for his novel Kothe Kharhak Singh. He received many more including, Kartar Singh Dhaliwal award of 1992 from Panjabi Sahit Akademi, Ludhiana and Sarb Shresht Sahitkaar award in 2009.
- Sutta Naag (1966)
- Kachcha Dhaga (1967)
- Manukh Di Maut (1968)
- Teesi Da Ber (1970)
- Khaara Duddh (1973)
- Adha Admi (1977)
- Kadon Phirange Din (1985)
- Kidhar Jaawan (1992)
- Chhad Ke Na Ja (1994)
- "Writers' remember feted author late Ram Sarup Ankhi". Barnala. The Times of India. 14 February 2011. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- Chandan, Amarjit. "Ram Sarup Ankhi 1932–2010". ApnaORG. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- "Ram Sarup Ankhi finally gets his due, to get Sarab Shresht Sahitkaar award". Ludhiana. The Indian Express. 4 July 2009. p. 2. Retrieved 30 April 2012.
- Ankhi, Ram Sarup (2006 (reprint)). Kothe Kharhak Singh. Sahitya Akademi. ASIN B003DRHBGI.
- Ankhi, Ram Sarup (2010 (reprint)). Partapi. Unistar Books Pvt. Ltd. ISBN 978-81-7538-113-1.
- Ankhi, Ram Sarup (2007). Salfaas. Unistar Books Pvt. Ltd. ISBN 978-81-7142-125-1.
- Ankhi, Ram Sarup (2007). Kankan Da Katleam. Unistar Books Pvt. Ltd. ISBN 978-81-7142-377-1 Check
- Ankhi, Ram Sarup (2007 (reprint)). Malhe Jharhian. Unistar Books Pvt. Ltd. ISBN 978-81-7142-208-1.
- Official list of Awardees Sahitya Akademi website.
- Ankhi, Ram Sarup (1985). Kadon Phirange Din. Panjabi Writers' Co-operative Society.
- Ankhi, Ram Sarup (1992). Kidhar Jaawan. Raghbir Rachna Pralashan.
- Ankhi, Ram Sarup (2006). Kaidan. Unistar Books Pvt. Ltd. p. 148. ISBN 978-81-7142-043-8.
- Ankhi, Ram Sarup (2004). Apni Mitti De Rukh. Lok Geet Prakashan. p. 127.