|Location||Rego Park, Queens|
|Address||96-05 Queens Boulevard, Queens, NY 11374|
|Opening date||March 3, 2010|
|Developer||Vornado Realty Trust|
|Management||Vornado Realty Trust|
|Owner||Vornado Realty Trust|
|Architect||Ehrenkrantz Eckstut & Kuhn Architects|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||950,000 square feet (88,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||4|
The property was originally Alexander's, a New York City discount department store.
Phase II of the mall, which is an annex to the already open Phase I, opened on March 3, 2010 with 950,000 square feet (88,000 m2) of retail space. Costco, Kohl's, Century 21, T.J. Maxx, and Toys "R" Us/Babies "R" Us have opened. Retailers also include Bed Bath and Beyond, Marshalls, Old Navy, Burlington Coat Factory and Sears in Phase I. An Aldi supermarket also opened on level 1 in February, 2011. The nearest competitor malls are Queens Center and Queens Place Mall.
Home Depot withdrew from the rental deal with Vornado Realty Trust in late 2008 due to drop in profit. The anchor left by Home Depot was replaced by Costco. This is Costco's fifth location in New York City and second in Queens.
The following layout of retail space is taken from Vornado's Property website.
New stores are in bold (Rego Park II). Old stores are in italics (Rego Park I).
- Level 3: Century 21, TJ Maxx, Bed Bath and Beyond, Old Navy, Burlington Coat Factory
- Level 2: Kohl's, Toys R Us / Babies R Us, Sears, Marshalls
- Level 1: Dallas BBQ, Sprint, Mandee, Payless Shoes, Vitamin Shoppe, Staples, Subway, Panera Bread, atrium and common area, Sears, Marshalls
- Sub-cellar: Costco, Sears, Aldi Supermarkets
- Gustafson, Anna (17 December 2009). "Rego Center spurs worries - NYPOST.com". New York Post. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- Kadinsky, Sergey (4 March 2010). "Rego Center II anchors open to fanfare". Queens Chronicle. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- Rego Center, NY-Vornado Retail, retrieved 2010-03-15
- "Aldi opens first outlet in NYC - News - Inside This Issue - Mass Market Retailers :: The Global Newspaper For Supermarket, Drug, Discount Chains". Mass Market Retailers. 2011-03-07. Retrieved 2011-08-13.
- By Lisa Fickenscher (2010-05-26). "Grocer Aldi heads to Rego Park shopping center | Crain's New York Business". Crainsnewyork.com. Retrieved 2011-08-13.
- Fogarty, Lisa (16 April 2009). "Retailer Reconsidering Rego Park Mall Site". Queens Tribune. Retrieved 2010-03-15.
- Greenhouse, Steven (24 February 2005). "Wal-Mart Drops Plans for Its First Store in New York City". New York Times.
- Official website
- Official website
- Department of City Planning Resolution 27 July 2005
- PlanNYC-Rego Park II
- PlanNYC-Archival Search for Rego Park Mall II
- Rego Center details at Vornado Realty Trust website
- Ehrenkrantz Eckstut & Kuhn Architects project profile page