Rhema FM is the name used for a number of Christian radio stations established with the help of, and assisted for many years by United Christian Broadcasters (UCB) in Australia. Each is independent, being run and programmed locally with many having moved away from the Rhema name. UCB has also established the Vision Radio Network across Australia, which is entirely networked from UCB's Brisbane studios.
UCB no longer recognises affiliations with other radio stations because it has given up its role as a co-ordinating body to focus on operating as a broadcaster in its own right. Rhema stations, and UCB's own Vision Radio Network retain affiliation with each other by being members of Christian Media Australia (formerly the Association of Christian Broadcasters), which operates as the peak body for Christian media.
In the majority of cases, the format of Christian Radio is loosely based on commercial radio styles, generally infusing Christian content by means of music tracks and short segments, such as Focus On The Family and other widely acceptable forms of Christian content.
Other stations present talk based formats, such as 3ABN, Faith-FM and similar services.
The following stations are currently using the Rhema name in Australia:
- Rhema FM 89.7 Tamworth
- Rhema FM 92.3 Mareeba
- Rhema FM 93.5 Whitsundays
- Rhema FM 94.3 Dubbo
- Rhema FM 94.9 Central Coast
- Rhema FM 99.9 Port Macquarie
- Rhema FM 99.7 Newcastle
- Rhema FM 106.5 Manning Great Lakes
- Rhema FM 103.5 Orange
- Rhema FM 104.9 Mount Gambier
- Rhema FM 105.1 Wide Bay
- Rhema FM 105.7 Mount Isa
Other stations originally started under the Rhema FM name, but now under another name:
- Cooloola Christian Radio 91.5 Gympie, Queensland
- 1WAY FM 91.9 Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
- Fresh FM 91.9 Gladstone
- Voice FM 92.9 Toowoomba, Queensland
- Freedom FM 94.1 Coffs Harbour, New South Wales (defunct)
- 96three FM (96.3) Geelong, Victoria
- Darwin's 97 Seven (97.7) Darwin
- 98.5 The Light Albury, New South Wales/Wodonga, Victoria
- Life FM 100.1 Bathurst, New South Wales
- Life FM 103.1 Grafton, New South Wales
- 106five (106.5) Sunshine Coast
- Juice107.3 Gold Coast, Queensland
There are also other Christian broadcasters in Australia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2014)|