Run Away (SunStroke Project and Olia Tira song)
|Single by SunStroke Project and Olia Tira|
|Format||Digital single, CD single|
|Genre||Dance pop, Europop|
"Run Away" is a song performed by SunStroke Project and Olia Tira, and represented Moldova at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 in May 2010 in Oslo, Norway. The song won the final of the O melodie pentru Europa 2010, that took place on 6 March. It gained the maximum number of points from both the juries and the televotes.
In the contest, it was performed first on the night of the first semi-final, preceding Russia's Lost and Forgotten and passed to the final.
After the contest, "Run Away" would also become the subject of a major internet meme surrounding the saxophone solos performed by saxophonist Sergey Stepanov, who in a phenomenon similar to Rickroll and Trololo, was dubbed the "Epic Sax Guy" in videos on YouTube. The rules of the contest prohibited musical instruments being played on stage, meaning Stepanov was not actually playing the saxophone at all, but rather syncing movements with a prerecorded track.
|Swedish Singles Chart||31|
- Brey, Marco (6 March 2010). "Sun Stroke Project & Olia Tira for Moldova!". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- Klier, Marcus (6 March 2010). "Moldova sends Sunstroke Project & Olia Tira to Eurovision". ESCToday. Retrieved 6 March 2010.
- "Epic Sax Guy (The One)". URLesque. Aol. Retrieved 8 May 2011.
- Norwegian Singles Chart
- Swedish Sverigetopplistan Singles Chart
- Official music video - YouTube
|This article related to the Republic of Moldova is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|