Saint Joseph University
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013)|
|Religious affiliation||Jesuit (Roman Catholic)|
|President||Professor Selim Daccache|
|Campus||5 campuses in Beirut and 3 Regional University Centers : Sidon, Zahlé and Tripoli|
The Université Saint-Joseph (English translation: Saint Joseph University)  is a private Catholic higher institute of education founded by the Jesuits in 1875 in Beirut, Lebanon. The Université Saint-Joseph is considered as one of the best universities in Lebanon and the Middle east, and is known for its school of law, economics, business, engineering, medicine as well as its hospital, Hôtel-Dieu de France.
Medium of teaching is French. The Lebanese state officially recognizes the university and the diplomas it grants in accord with the law organising higher education in Lebanon.
Its Beirut campuses include:
- Campus of Medical and Infirmary Sciences, Damascus Street
- Campus of Science and Technology, Mar Roukoz
- Campus of Social Sciences, Huvelin Street
- Campus of Human Sciences, Damascus Street
- Campus of Innovation and Sports, Damascus Street
The three regional centers are located in Sidon (south), Zahlé (Bekaa), and Tripoli (north). In addition, the university operates 12 facilities and 22 specialized schools or institutes including the Museum of Lebanese Prehistory in Université Saint-Joseph Street.
USJ has more than 70 conventions with foreign universities mainly Georgetown University, located in Washington, D.C, USA. It also has more than 200 professors on mission abroad, an administrative office in Paris, a center for banking and business studies, three centers for dental care, orthophony, and psycho-motility.
Saint-Joseph University is known for its faculty of medicine,its faculty of economics ,its faculty of dentistry and its engineering programs. Also, their Social Sciences Campus is known to have strong Bachelor programs that usually let students pursue M.Sc/M.A/MBA programs in top universities and business schools in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, England, USA and Canada.
The university belongs to the following associations and is linked to over one hundred Arab, European, American, and Canadian universities through accords for cooperation.
- Association of Arab Universities
- The International Association of Universities
- Association of French speaking universities
- The International Federation of Catholic Universities
- European Federation of Catholic Universities
- Association of Jesuit Institutions of Higher Learning in Europe and Lebanon
- EuroMed University (Téthys
Notable alumni and academics