Saints of the Underground
|Saints of the Underground|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Genres||Hard rock, Heavy metal|
|Associated acts||Warrant, Ratt, Alice Cooper, Slash's Snakepit, Skid Row, L.A. Guns, Pretty Boy Floyd, Vince Neil Band, The Newlydeads, Big Bang Babies|
|Past members||Jani Lane
Saints of The Underground was a hard rock supergroup that was formed in 2006 by Ratt drummer Bobby Blotzer and now former Alice Cooper guitarist Keri Kelli, who recruited ex-Warrant singer Jani Lane and House of Lords bassist Chuck Wright.
The formation of Saints Of The Underground happened quite unexpectedly, as the four musicians started out playing cover tunes together for fun during off times from their respective super-groups. They so enjoyed their chemistry that the band naturally evolved into a creative partnership through which original songs began to emerge. The band was originally called "Angel City Outlaws" when they posted their first two promo singles: "Bruised" and "Exit" along with a third song titled "Serial Killer" which didn't feature on the band's first album because it was written for an Alice Cooper project.
The band's studio album was released in 2008, titled Love the Sin, Hate the Sinner and was recorded in Bobby Blotzer's studio (for bass and drums) and Keri Kelli's studio (for guitars and vocals), produced by Kelli and Blotzer along with Jani Lane and Chuck Wright. The album was mixed by legendary producer/engineer Andy Johns who worked with such bands as The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin.
After the release of the CD, and live performances with Robbie Crane on bass guitar, Jani Lane returned to Warrant as lead vocalist, and toured briefly with the band until departing again in the end of summer 2008. Keri Kelli returned to touring with Alice Cooper while Bobby Blotzer and Robbie Crane are touring with their band, Ratt. Chuck Wright, working with Quiet Riot at the time, opted to leave the touring bass position to friend Robbie Crane as Wright continued with Quiet Riot and his Acoustic band, Acoustic Saints.
- Jani Lane - lead vocals (2006–2011)
- Keri Kelli - guitar (2006–2011)
- Bobby Blotzer - drums (2006–2011)
- Chuck Wright - bass (2006–2008)
- Robbie Crane - bass (2008–2011)
- "Warrior records: Saints of the Underground". Retrieved 2011.
- "Angel City Outlaw tracks". Retrieved 2014.
- "Sleaze Roxx: Jani Lane Interview". Retrieved 2014.
- "Saints of the Underground debut album". Retrieved 2011.
- "SAINTS OF THE UNDERGROUND Featuring JANI LANE, BOBBY BLOTZER: Debut CD Due In April". Blabbermouth.net. 2008. Retrieved 2012.
- "Jani Lane, lead singer of Warrant, dead at 47". cbs8. Retrieved 2011.
- Record Label Site
- Sleaze Roxx interview
- Review of 'Love The Sin, Hate The Sinner' CD
|This article on a United States band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|