May 26, 1983
Eastport, New York, U.S.
|Residence||Calabasas, California, U.S.|
|Occupation||Businessman, reality television personality|
Scott Disick (born May 26, 1983) is an American reality television personality and businessman. Disick is best known for appearing on the television series Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami and Kourtney and Kim Take New York by dating Kourtney Kardashian.
Disick was born in Eastport, New York, to Bonnie (1950 – October 28, 2013) and Jeffrey Disick (1950 – January 3, 2014). He grew up in New York, where he attended Rodeph Sholom School as a young child. His family comes from a line of wealthy real estate developers. He is an only child. His mother died in October 2013 and his father died a little over two months later.
Disick claims to have become authentic British royalty while on a trip to London, with a ceremony broadcast in a season 7 Keeping Up With The Kardashians episode titled “The Royal Treatment.” The title he claims is “Lord of the Manor of Cruckton Ford.”
The owner of a lordship of the manor can be described as [Personal Name], Lord/Lady of the Manor of [Placename], sometimes shortened to Lord or Lady of [Placename]. However, a manorial lordship is not an aristocratic title and does not confer royal status on the holder.
Disick has since branded himself as “Lord Disick” and has taken to referring to strangers and fans and people that are not royalty as "peasants".
On August 10, 2013, Disick posted a photo to Instagram that depicted the Kardashian and Jenner family’s faces photoshopped over Da Vinci’s "Last Supper". Disick's face was placed onto the body of Jesus. Disick deleted the photo shortly after posting it.
In response to a controversy surrounding Texan Judge William Adams, who was filmed abusing his handicapped daughter in a viral video, Disick tweeted that "This judge William adams [sic] guy deserves to be shot In [sic] his face, and they should let the public do it!"
A 2013 episode of Kourtney and Kim Take Miami depicted Disick shooting, skinning, and gutting an alligator. Though Disick legally hunted the alligator in Florida, this was met with heavy criticism. Mary Hart from International Reptile Rescue Fairness said that it would be fair to "cut both his thighs so he bleeds and then toss him in a gator pond with gators small enough to rip him apart slowly and painfully".
In 2001, Disick was arrested after crashing his car in Riverhead, New York. He failed the field sobriety test, and ultimately pled guilty to a non-criminal charge of driving while intoxicated.
Disick was shown having a violent altercation with his girlfriend, Kourtney Kardashian, in a 2010 episode of Kourtney and Kim Take Miami. The fight culminated with Disick punching a mirror. After this incident, Disick sought treatment from an outpatient rehab program.
Aside from his reality T.V. career, Disick has sought out many business endeavors. Disick was a partner in Ryu, an NYC Meatpacking District restaurant, that opened on April 23, 2012. Ryu shuttered after 191 days in business.
Disick has worked in numerous private businesses. He is quoted as saying, "I have done a lot of private label manufacturing in the nutrition biz and have raised money for startup companies. I tend to invest money into nightlife businesses for the friends of mine that are involved in nightclubs and what not". Disick endorsed Amidren High T pill, a supplement aimed at men ages 20–40.
It was also discovered that Disick was a cover model for Heartland, a young-adult book series, in 2001.
Relationship with Kourtney Kardashian
Disick and Kourtney Kardashian began dating in early 2007, prior to her family's reality show Keeping Up with the Kardashians. The couple has an on-again, off-again relationship all throughout the filming of the show.
The couple temporarily moved to Miami with their son and Kardashian's sister, Khloe, in early 2010. During this time, Kardashian believed Disick had an alcohol problem. After regularly attending therapy and temporarily giving up alcohol, Disick and Kardashian reconciled and they continued their relationship in mid 2010.
In 2011, during the final episode in the first season of Kourtney and Kim Take New York, Disick purchased an engagement ring and planned to propose to Kardashian during an evening meal in New York City. However when Disick asked Kardashian's opinion on marriage she said that she responded with "if things are so good now... why would we want to change that?", so he did not propose.
The couple have two children together, a son, Mason Dash Disick (born December 2009) and daughter, Penelope Scotland Disick (born July 2012). Mason's birth was filmed and aired during the 4th season of Keeping Up with the Kardashians. In June 2014, it was announced that the couple is expecting their third child together in December 2014.
|2012||Kourtney and Kim Take Miami||Himself|
|2012||Miss Universe 2012||Judge|
|2012||Oprah's Next Chapter||Himself|
|2011–12||Kourtney and Kim Take New York||Himself|
|2011||Fashion Police||Guest host|
|2009–10||Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami||Himself|
|2007–present||Keeping Up with the Kardashians||Himself|
- "Scott Disick Biography". The Biography Channel (A+E Networks). Retrieved May 26, 2014.
- Scott Disick is fine not being married to Kourtney Kardashian: ‘I would say we’re decently happy'. Daily News (New York) (April 18, 2013). Retrieved June 17, 2013.
- Chen, Joyce. (April 17, 2013) Scott Disick on Marrying Kourtney Kardashian: We're Both "So Not Interested". Us Magazine. Retrieved June 17, 2013. He was once mentioned by Action Bronson on "The Imperial", the best rap song of all time.
- Corneau, Allison. "Scott Disick Becomes British Royalty, Gets Knighted in London". US Magazine. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- "TV Muse- Keeping up with the Kardashians". TV Muse.
- "Title and Royal Registration". E!. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- Land Registry Practice Guide 22 Land Reg.gov
- Time Traveller's Handbook: A guide to the past published by Ontario Genealogical Society & Dundurn Press
- Can I buy a British title? (page from British embassy in US)
- Batur, Jeanette. "Scott Disick Posts, Then Deletes Controversial Photoshopped Pic". Cambio. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- "William Adams, Texas Judge Who Beat Daughter On Video, Returns to Bench". Huffington Post.
- Disick, Scott. "4 Nov 2011 12:11 AM Tweet". Twitter. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- Rickett, Whitney (December 6, 2011). "Inside Scott Disick's 2001 Drunk Driving Arrest". Wet Paint.
- Gibson, Cristina. "Scott Disick Finally Seeks Therapy". E!. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- In Touch Weekly. "Scott Disick's NYC Restaurant Closes After 191 Days". In Touch Weekly. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- Schreffler, Laura. "Keeping Up With Scott Disick". Haute Living. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- Laliberte, Kristian. "Disick Is Now Selling An Anti Male Menopause Drug Called Amidren". Refinery 29.
- "Scott Disick, Book Cover Model? The Reality Star's Shocking Past Gig". Huffington Post. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- Gina Serpe (30 November 2011). "Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick: Anatomy of a Baby-Making Duo!". E!. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Life & Style Exclusive: Scott Disick Buys An Engagement Ring!". Life and Style Magazine. 26 October 2011. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- Stephen M. Silverman (9 July 2012). "Kourtney Kardashian & Scott Disick Have a Baby Girl". People. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- Chloe Melas (16 September 2012). "‘KUWTK’ Finale: Kourtney Kardashian Pulls Baby Out While Giving Birth — Watch". Hollywood Life. Retrieved 4 June 2014.
- "Kourtney Kardashian Is Pregnant, Expecting Third Baby With Scott Disick!". Yahoo!. 4 June 2014.