Jamieson playing for Sydney FC in 2010
|Full name||Scott Alexander Jamieson|
|Date of birth||13 October 1988|
|Place of birth||Auburn, Sydney, Australia|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Left Back, Left Winger|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 December 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Jamieson was born in Auburn, Sydney. He has previously played for the Blacktown City in the New South Wales Premier League and has also attended Westfields Sports High School before signing for English Premier League side Bolton Wanderers. In the summer of 2007 he made an appearance for Wanderers in their pre-season defeat against Hibernian.
He ended a three year stint in England with Bolton on 6 June by signing for Adelaide United on a two year deal. He made his first A-league appearance for Adelaide in the season opener on 17 August 2008 where he played a full game at left back. Since his first game Jamieson has become a mainstay in the United backline contributing significantly in attack and from set plays. Jamieson was named man of the match for his performance in the Club World Cup game against Waitakere United on 11 December 2008. Jamieson capped off what was a terrific A-League debut season picking up the Rising Star Player of the Year award beating the likes of Michael Zullo, James Holland and Tarek Elrich.
Before the start of the 2009-10 A-League season, Jamieson was linked with moves to several Dutch Eredivisie clubs, but declined all offers and stated his preference in staying in Australia for another season.
After the end of the 2009-10 A-League season, he trialed with German second division club Greuther Fürth. Unfortunately the trial was unsuccessful and he returned to Australia undecided on his next move.
On 21 May 2010 he was signed to a two-year contract by Sydney FC. Jamieson scored his first goal in the A-League against North Queensland Fury on 14 August 2010 with an unmarked header late in the game.
After a string of impressive performances for Adelaide, Jamieson was called into Pim Verbeek's training squad for the match against Qatar in October 2008. Jamieson was once again selected in the Australian squad for an Asian cup qualifying match against Indonesia on 28 January 2009, where he played his first full international for the Australian national team.
|Adelaide United total||49||0||3||3||0||1||13||0||2||65||0||6|
|Sydney FC total||48||1||6||0||0||0||5||0||0||53||1||6|
|Perth Glory FC||2012-13||16||0||1||-||-||-||-||-||-||16||0||1|
|Perth Glory FC total||16||0||1||-||-||-||-||-||-||16||0||1|
- "Reds sign former Wanderer". Adelaide United FC. 6 June 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-12.
- "Dodd scores winner in 100th appearance for Reds". Adelaide United FC. 17 August 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-12.
- "Scotty Is The Rising Star". 2 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-02.
- Scott Jamieson To Chase European Dream At End Of Season
- Jamieson weighs up options with German trial
- Adelaide United’s Jamieson fails in Germany bid
- Future of Adelaide duo uncertain
- Sydney FC snares Scott Jamieson
- "North Queensland 2 Sydney FC 1". A-League. 14 August 2010. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- Ormond, Aiden (16 May 2012). "Thwaite And Jamieson Head For Glory". FourFourTwo Australia. Retrieved 16 May 2012.
- Ritson, Jon (7 October 2008). "Verbeek Culls Injury-Hit Roos Squad". FourFourTwo. Retrieved 2009-01-12.
- "Galekovic, Jamieson and Reid make Socceroo debut". 1 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-02.
Young Player of the Year Award