Shenstone shown within Staffordshire
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||West Midlands|
Shenstone is a village and civil parish in Staffordshire, England, close to Stonnall and between Lichfield and Birmingham. In a recent survey Shenstone was found to be one of the ten worst places in England for finding single women.
The parish also contains the village of Stonnall.
Shenstone is served by Shenstone railway station on the Cross-City railway line. The village also has an infrequent bus service operated by Central Buses. The route is numbered 35B and operates Monday to Saturday every two hours between Walsall, Aldridge, Druids Heath, Stonnall, Shenstone and Lichfield. Previously it was the operations of Arriva Midlands who tendered the service before September 2014.
The village is served by Greysbrooke Primary School on Barnes Road. A previous incarnation of the school was located on Birmingham Road, on the land currently occupied by the Greysbooke cul-de-sac.
Shenstone Lodge school lies on the Birmingham Road approximately half a mile south of the village.
Shenstone was formerly the manufacturing home of the Norton Motorcycle. The old factory still remains on the outskirts of the village.
The British actress Helen Baxendale and British astronaut Richard Edwards grew up in the village.
The village is served by 4 public houses: The Fox & Hounds, The Railway, The Plough and The Bull's Head.
- "Names and codes for Administrative Geography". Office for National Statistics. 31 December 2008. Retrieved 15 September 2009.
- Sidwell, Ben (2007-09-17). "Live from Shenston, Staffordshire". BBC Midlands Today. pp. 8:00. Retrieved 2007-09-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shenstone, Staffordshire.|
- Parish Council website
- St. John's Church, Shenstone
- The Staffordshire Archaeological and Historical Society: A Landscape Survey of the Parish of Shenstone
- GENUKI: Shenstone (Quotes from historical documents)
|This Staffordshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|