Somebody Else's Guy
|"Somebody Else's Guy"|
|Single by CeCe Peniston|
|from the album The Best Of CeCe Peniston|
Annette E. Brown
Darren "Nitro" Clowers
|CeCe Peniston singles chronology|
"Somebody Else's Guy" is a 1984 song written and popularized by Jocelyn Brown. On the soul chart, the single peaked at number two and stalled at number seventy-five on the Hot 100. On the disco chart, "Somebody Else's Guy" peaked at number thirteen.
In 1998, it was released as a single to promote Peniston's greatest hits collection, The Best Of CeCe Peniston, an import compilation issued in 1998 only in Europe and Japan.
The single reached a Top 10 position within the Track-Chart in UK, peaking at number six in February.
Credits and personnel
- CeCe Peniston - lead vocal
- Jocelyn Lorette Brown - writer
- Annette E. Brown - writer
- Karl "Tuff Enuff" Brown - additional producer, remix, remix engineer
- Matt "Jam" Lamont - additional producer, remix
- David Morales - additional producer, remix
- Manny Lehman - executive producer
- Mark Mazzetti - executive producer
- Darren "Nitro" Clowers - producer, keyboards
- Keith Andes - keyboards
- Rom Malco - drum programming
- Terry Burns - programming
- Joey Moskowitz - programming
- Tuff & Jam - remix engineer
- Vachik Aghaniantz - engineer, mix
- Dave "EQ3" Sussman - engineer
- Clowers Studios, Hollywood, CA - recording studio
- Hollywood Sound Recorders, Hollywood, CA - mix
- Jocelyn Brown Music (BMI) - publisher
- PolyGram International (ASCAP) - publisher
- Additional credits notes
writers: CeCe Peniston, Felipe Delgado, E.L. Linnear
producer: Felipe Delgado
co-producer: Rodney K. Jackson
engineer: Eric Kupper
keyboards: Eric Kupper
programming: Eric Kupper
live bass: Eric Kupper
guitar: Eric Kupper
Hysteria Recording - recording studio
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||75|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Club Play||13|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Black Singles||2|
|UK GfK Chart-Track||6|
|UK Top 75 Singles||13|
- "CeCe Peniston - Chart History". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media. billboard.com. Retrieved 2011-03-19.
- "CeCe Peniston - Discography - Charts & Awards". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. allmusic.com. Retrieved 2011-03-19.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles: 1942-2004. Record Research. p. 85.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 45.
- For peak positions of "Somebody Else's Guy" by Jocelyn Brown in UK, choose her chartstats link. For the Brown's U.S. top singles positions, check the allmusiclink.
- "Jocelyn Brown - "Somebody Else's Guy" - UK". The Official Charts Company. Charts Stats. 1984-04-21. chartsstats.com. Archived from the original on 2013-01-19. Retrieved 2011-03-19. "#13"
- "Jocelyn Brown - "Somebody Else's Guy" - USA". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. allmusic.com. Retrieved 2011-03-19. "#13"
- For reviewing track lists, covers and/or additional notes regarding the all releases of the single "Somebody Else's Guy" issued to date, follow the discogs link.
- "CeCe Peniston - "Somebody Else's Guy" - Releases". Discogs. Zink Media. discogs.com. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- For peak positions of "Somebody Else's Guy" single in UK, choose the singles link, or a chartstats link depending on a release and/or peak date to view full runs of the single(s) in England. For British Charts as compiled by GfK Chart-Track, see the charttrack link.
- "CeCe Peniston - Singles - UK". The Official Charts Company. Music Week. theofficialcharts.com. Retrieved 2011-03-19. "#13"
- "CeCe Peniston - "Somebody Else's Guy" - UK". The Official Charts Company. Charts Stats. 1998-02-07. chartsstats.com. Retrieved 2011-03-19. "#13"
- "CeCe Peniston - "Somebody Else's Guy" - UK Chart-Track". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media. 1998-02-02. p. 60. Retrieved 2011-03-20.