|Parts of this article (those related to documentation) are outdated. (November 2010)|
|Release date(s)||October 6, 2009|
Spore Hero is the Wii spin-off of Spore, developed by Maxis, in which the players focus on creativity and evolution using the unique controls of the Wii and a lifestyle drama adventure game. The game was released on October 6, 2009.
A Wii spinoff of the game had been mentioned by Will Wright several times, such as in his October 26, 2007 interview with The Guardian.  Eventually, a spin-off under the title "Spore Hero", an adventure game built ground up for the Wii with a heavier focus on evolution, was announced as part of the 2009 lineup along with "Spore Hero Arena" and "Spore: Galactic Adventures""
The first details of Spore Hero began to emerge when MTV's Totilo had an interview with designer Lucy Bradshaw. In it she said that the team was taking a look at Wii Motion Plus for better motion sensitivity. On May 12, EA sent out their official press release for Spore Hero and Spore Hero Arena. Several previews began to emerge later. At an event in Los Angeles, GameSpot got another look at Spore Hero. IGN and Gamezone also posted previews as part of their pre-E3 lineup. Spore Hero was on show at E3 2009 and at Comic-Con. In late July, Maxis conducted an interview with several of the major fansites. During it they revealed that one of the choices they made during development was to focus on the story-line of the game. This focus meant that they had to detract from the game's online capabilities.
There are two types of meteors: blue ones which give the player more DNA, and red ones which make most creatures go crazy. The creature starts as a small, blue, bipedal mouthless creature. Meejee the Striped Bird offers the critter a fruit, but it doesn't have a mouth. Littly finds a nest that resembles the sun, where the creature can evolve. The evil Zarkhator has used red meteors to corrupt almost every creature on the planet. The Sporeling must destroy every meteor. At the Creature Beach, they must have the final battle, so that Zarkhator can be evolved into a weaker creature. He gets laughed at by everyone, and doesn't cause any more harm to the planet. The Ancient Guardian needs 5 parts from each world. The Sage is the one who looks after the Guardian. He is an elderly Striped Bird who is good friends with the Yeti.
- Spore Creature Creator (2008, PC/Mac) – The creature creator element of Spore, released prior to the full game.
- Spore (2008, PC/Mac)
- Spore Creatures (2008, DS)
- Spore Origins (2008, Mobile phone)
- Spore Hero (2009, Wii)
- Spore Hero Arena (2009, DS)
- Darkspore (2011, PC)
- Spore Creature Keeper (TBA, PC/Mac)
- Sporedum (2009-09-19). "Spore Hero Arena and Spore Hero Release Dates". Sporedum. Retrieved September 19, 2009.
- Johnson, Bobbie (2007-10-26). "Q&A: Will Wright, creator of the Sims". The Guardian (London). Retrieved 2008-02-15.
- Oli Welsh (2008-02-13). "Europe is Priority for Spore". Eurogamer. Retrieved 2006-03-01.
- Kotaku (2009-01-22). "Four New Spore Titles Unveiled For DS, Wii, PC". Kotaku. Retrieved 2009-01-22.
- "New Details About EA’s Wii-Exclusive ‘Spore: Hero’". Multiplayerblog.mtv.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "Spore Franchise Evolves to Nintendo Platforms – EA News". Ea.com. May 12, 2009. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- Daemon Hatfield. "Pre-E3 2009: Spore Hero Hands-on – Wii Preview at IGN". Au.wii.ign.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- Tong, Sophia (October 7, 2009). "Spore Hero First Look – Wii Previews at GameSpot". Au.gamespot.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "Spore Hero First Look Preview for Wii". VideoGamer.com. October 8, 2009. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- Reahard, Jef. "Joystiq". Gamedaily.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- Tong, Sophia (October 7, 2009). "Spore Hero Updated Impressions – Wii Previews at GameSpot". Au.gamespot.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- Daemon Hatfield. "Pre-E3: Spore Hero Update – Wii Preview at IGN". Au.wii.ign.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- [dead link]
- "E309 Media | Be A Hero With Spore – DS/Wii at C3 News". Cubed3.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- Spore Hero, sporedum.net
- Sophia Tong, GameSpot (July 22, 2009). "Spore Hero Hands-On – Wii News at GameSpot". Comic-con.gamespot.com. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- "Sporedum.net". Sporedum.net. Retrieved October 20, 2011.
- Dobson, Jason (May 12, 2009). "EA officially details Spore Hero, Spore Hero Arena". joystiq.com. Retrieved 2009-06-07.
- EA (April 16, 2010). "EA". investor.ea.com.