Stefano Bollani (born 5 December 1972, Milan) is an Italian jazz pianist from Milan.
He made his professional debut at fifteen and received his diploma in piano from the Conservatorio Luigi Cherubini in Florence. He performs classical music, smooth jazz, avant-garde jazz, Brazilian jazz, and pop rock. In 1998, Musica Jazz magazine voted him Best Jazz Talent of the Year and later he would be awarded for jazz by a New Swing group in Japan. While he is mostly known for his collaborations with Enrico Rava, he has made several albums as a leader, and has been favourably acknowledged by several long established jazz musicians, such as Martial Solal. The album Mi ritorni in mente, includes an interpretation of the standard "Nature Boy" which has been acclaimed by many.
- Gnòsi delle fanfole – Sonica, 1998; su testi di Fosco Maraini
- Mambo italiano – Philology, 1999
- The Macerata Concert – Philology, 2000
- Abbassa la tua radio – Ermitage, 2001
- Disperati intellettuali ubriaconi with Bobo Rondelli – Arroyo Records, 2002
- Les fleurs bleues – Label Bleu, 2002; ispirato all'omonimo libro di Raymond Queneau
- Småt Småt – Label Bleu, 2003
- L'orchestra del Titanic – Millesuoni, 2003
- Il cielo da quaggiù – Millesuoni 2003
- Concertone – Label Bleu, 2004
- Close to You – Sundance, 2004
- Mi ritorni in mente – Sundance 2004
- Gleda – Sundance, 2005
- I Visionari – Label Bleu, 2006
- Piano Solo – ECM, 2006
- Carioca – June 6, 2008
- Stone in the Water – ECM, 2009
- Orvieto (ECM, 2011) with Chick Corea
- O Que Será - ECM, 2013 with Hamilton de Holanda
With Enrico Rava
- ^ Brown, Marisa. "Stefano Bollani > Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 20 March 2010.
- ^ Panken, Ted. "In Conversation with Stefano Bollani". Jazz.com. Retrieved 20 March 2010.
Michele Francesco Schiavon Stefano Bollani: Portrait in Blue – HARVEY FILM, 2009