|Time zone||Omsk Time (UTC+6)|
Stepnogorsk (Kazakh: Степногор/Stepnogor, Russian: Степногорск) is a town in Akmola Province, Kazakhstan. It was established in 1959, and has been a town since 1964. It is located about 200km North-East of Astana. It was first established as a secret town with code names Tselinograd-25 (Russian: Целиноград-25), Makinsk-2 (Russian: Макинск-2). The town is known as a nuclear and biochemical site. Population: 46,712 (2009 Census results);47,372 (1999 Census results).
- STEPNOGORSK Online - UNofficial web site since 1999 mirror(in Russian)
- about Stepnogorsk (in Russian)
- Stepnogorsk in pictures (in Russian)
- Advertising and Information Portal town Stepnogorsk Kazakhstan (in Russian)
- Report includes interview with a microbiologist who "ran a huge bioweapons production plant in Stepnogorsk"
- "Население Республики Казахстан" (in Russian). Департамент социальной и демографической статистики. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
|This Kazakhstan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|