|Born||Steven Joseph Silva
November 27, 1986
Oceanside, California, USA
|Other names||The Boy, Shiruba, Shirubang|
|Occupation||Actor, dancer, chef, footballer|
|Agent||GMA Artist Center|
Steven Joseph Lao Silva (born November 27, 1986 in Oceanside, California) is a Filipino-American footballer from Team Socceroo FC in the UFL Second Division. He is also an actor, Chef and the Ultimate Male Survivor of the fifth season of StarStruck. He is half-Portuguese, one-fourth Chinese and one-fourth Filipino. He is the first Mindanao representative to win the title.
Early life and career beginnings
Steven Silva was born in Oceanside, California to an American father of Portuguese descent and a Filipino-Chinese mother who hails from Davao, where he auditioned for StarStruck. He was raised in Sacramento, California and attended Sacramento City College for his college education. After a few years there he opted for a career in the culinary field and later attended the California Culinary Academy in San Francisco.
While Steven was completing his foreign internship at the Marco Polo Hotel in Davao as required by the California Culinary Academy in order to graduate, he auditioned for the show by participating in an audition at SM Davao.
Steven was among the hundreds who made it to the callbacks for Manila. He represented Davao.
During the 3rd factor week, Steven had the weakest performance among the remaining boys in the competition. But due to the twist of 3rd factor which gives a different weights of criteria, Steven survived the said week. On the other hand, the result went to Piero Vergara as the latest avenger by then with Princess Snell. Steven admitted that if it was not because of the twist, he knew that he will be sent home instead of Vergara.
His female counterpart in winning the title is Sarah Lahbati.
2010-present: Post StarStruck
Right after winning the title, Steven and Sarah Lahbati started to appear in numerous shows of GMA. They also performed in the final episode of then Sunday afternoon party, SOP. After several weeks, Steven became part of Party Pilipinas. Enzo Pineda, Diva Montelaba, Sarah Lahbati and him starred in the Philippine drama anthology and romantic television show, Love Bug series in the episode "Exchange of Hearts". Steven also shared his comedic capabilities as an actor in Bubble Gang and Kaya ng Powers as a guest. And in October 2010, Steven starred in his first lead man role and his biggest break yet with Rocco Nacino, opposite Kris Bernal, in the afternoon soap, Koreana, as Joshua Lee, a rich bachelor who manages the restaurants of a Korean business tycoon Chang Hee-Jung (portrayed by Eddie Garcia).
In mid-2011, Steven starred as John in his first prime time series, Time of My Life. He portrayed the role as the boyfriend of Zaira (portrayed by LJ Reyes). Steven had a supporting role in this series but he said that Rocco Nacino and Mark Herras are the perfect lead men since the said show is all about dancing.
2012 proved to be the busiest year so far for Steven. He portrayed the role of Stripe in the Young Artists Production's staging of Trina Paulus' novel Hope for the Flowers. Frencheska Farr, on the other hand, played the female lead role. The reason behind Silva's inclusion in the said stage play is because of his singing ability in Party Pilipinas. The producers of the stage play like his singing in the said musical variety show ended up asking Steven to audition. He served his friend, Gian Magdangal, as his inspiration in the play because Magdangal starred in the 2011 play, Rent. He admitted he was hesitant to accept the project when Young Artists Production first offered him the role but later on decided that he was ready to try something new. Being a neophyte in the world of musical theater was not an excuse for Steven for he proved to everyone that the role of Stripe suited him perfectly.
Steven was seen in the Filipino teen-oriented drama series, Together Forever, led by Elmo Magalona and Julie Anne San Jose, as Cholo. In August 2012, Steven also starred in his first film, entitled Just One Summer also led by Magalona and San Jose. In the last quarter of 2012, Steven was part of the Filipino version of The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince where he portrayed Bamboo, a friend of Errol (portrayed by Benjamin Alves). The role of Bamboo was not in the original series.
In January 2013, Steven became a part of the second epicserye of GMA Network, Indio, with Senator Bong Revilla, Jr. as the lead character. Indio premiered on January 14, 2013. He played the role of Ribung Linti, the god of lightning and thunder. After Indio, Steven is currently seen as Tisoy in another Rocco Nacino - Lovi Poe tandem series, Akin Pa Rin ang Bukas, as Jerry's (Nacino) buddy. On July, Steven started to become part of Sunday All Stars.
In late 2013, Steven was announced as one of the newest characters in the spin-off of The Kitchen Musical entitled The Boston. The chef themed television series will be aired in 2014 through the Lifestyle Network.
Steven started to reside in Quezon City after winning, leaving his family in Sacramento, California, while he continues to pursue his dream of success in the Philippine world of showbiz.
|2014||The Boston||Sid||Lifestyle Network||The Kitchen Musical spin-off|
|2013||Akin Pa Rin ang Bukas||Tisoy||GMA Network|
|Sunday All Stars||Himself|
|Maynila||Alex||"Coffee Princess" episode|
|Homer||"Summer Of Love" episode|
|2012||Coffee Prince||Bamboo Buendia|
|Together Forever||Cholo Limuanco|
|Tween Hearts||Leo||Guest cast|
|2011||Time Of My Life||John|
|Kaya ng Powers||Carlo||Guest|
|Love Bug Presents: Exchange Of Hearts||Tim|
|2009||StarStruck V||Himself||won as the "Ultimate Male Survivor"|
|2012||Just One Summer||Joseph||GMA Films|
|2012||Hope for the Flowers||Stripe||Lead role with Frencheska Farr|
- Rowena Joy A. Sanchez (February 22, 2010). "New 'StarStruck' winners crowned". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 29 December 2010.
- "Steven Silva". http://tv.halukay.com/. Retrieved 29 December 2010.
- "Final 14: Steven Silva". http://blogs.igma.tv. Retrieved 29 December 2010.
- Erwin Santiago (July 28, 2011). "Steven Silva admits frustration over showbiz career: "Right now, I'm definitely not where I wanna be."". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved July 28, 2011.
- "STEVEN SILVA: STARSTRUCK OVER IPHONE'S ACTION MOVIE FX APP". http://pinayphonelover.blogspot.com. February 22, 2012.
- Ruel J. Mendoza (March 12, 2012). "Steven Silva topbills musical stage play; understands slow pace of his showbiz career". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- Rommel Gonzales (October 5, 2012). "Steven Silva on playing supporting roles: "Siyempre, sa akin naman, gusto ko na maging leading man ulit."". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved October 5, 2012.
- Indio's Facebook Fan Page (December 30, 2012). "Hinahandog namin ang apat sa mga diwata.". Facebook.com. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- "Steven Silva's tweet for Akin Parin ang Bukas". Twitter.com. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- "Tweet of Akin Parin ang Bukas regarding Steven Silva". Twitter.com. Retrieved July 13, 2013.
- "Steven Silva's tweet". Twitter.com. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "Steven Silva part of ‘Kitchen Musical’ season 2". philstar.com. Retrieved November 29, 2013.
- "Steven, aariba sa S’pore". abante-tonite.com.
- "The Boston The Kitchen Musical". Facebook.com. Retrieved January 16, 2014.
- Erwin Santiago (October 12, 2012). "PEP EXCLUSIVE: Steven Silva admits "almost-one-year" relationship with StarStruck batchmate Diva Montelaba". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved October 12, 2012.