TV Patrol Southern Tagalog
|TV Patrol Southern Tagalog|
Ang Higit na Pinalakas na Patrol ng Pilipino sa Timog Katagalugan
|Created by||ABS-CBN Regional Network Group|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||n/a (airs Monday-Friday)|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original channel||ABS-CBN TV-10 Batangas|
|Original run||February 9, 2009 – present|
TV Patrol Southern Tagalog is the local news network broadcast of the ABS-CBN Regional Network Group in Batangas City, Philippines. The newscast is in a tabloid-style format. The program delivers news headlines about the current events in the Southern Tagalog region, which today is divided into CALABARZON, MIMAROPA and Parts of Metro Manila are Muntinlupa City, Las Pinas City, Paranaque City, Pasay City, Taguig City, Pateros, Pasig City and Marikina City.
In addition, it is the only newscast in the Philippines with a using video traffic system and sign language of the news for audience with visual difficulties. It is similar to TV Patrol Central Visayas, TV Patrol Northern Luzon and TV Patrol Bicol.
Aired originally as Batangas News Patrol in September 2008. It airs live daily from ABS-CBN Batangas at 5:00 pm, from Monday to Friday, simulcast over ABS-CBN TV-10 Batangas City, TV-24 Lucena City, TV-38 Lipa City, TV-11 Occidental Mindoro, TV-21 Calapan, TV-40 Jalajala, TV-46 San Pablo, and TV-32 Tagaytay.
TV Patrol Southern Tagalog broadcast using its current program title on February 9, 2009 and had a formal launch August 31, 2009. Sarita Kare is the earliest anchor and former field reporter of TV Patrol Bicol. Edison Reyes joins Kare as a Co-anchor, after few months, Reyes leaved and currently as TV5 Reporter.
Sarita Kare is longest running anchor of the said Regional News Program from 2009 to 2013. Kare left the program.
TV Patrol Southern Tagalog is anchored by experienced Batangas City news anchor Paul Hernandez and Joan Panopio replaced Kare, respectively. The program is backed by a formidable team of ABS-CBN reporters.
Area of coverage
- Batangas City and Batangas
- Tagaytay City and Cavite
- San Pablo and Laguna
- Jalajala and Rizal
- Lucena City and Quezon
- Boac and Marinduque
- San Jose and Occidental Mindoro
- Calapan City and Oriental Mindoro
- Odiongan and Romblon
- Parts of Metro Manila:
- Oras Ni Juan (Ernie Manio)
- Alamin News
- Police Report
- Sports Patrol
- Star Patrol
- Bida Juan
- Bida Voice
- Kalikasan Patrol
- Listo Ako
- Ronda Probinsya
- CCTV Patrol
- Lingkod Kapamilya
- Kalusugan Patrol
- Weather Report
- Choose Philippines
- TVP Special Task
- Paul Hernandez
- Ernie Manio
- Angelique Atienza
- Cesca Joves
- Val Balita
- Joan Panopio
Past Anchors and Reporters
- Tina Ganzon - one of the earliest reporters for the newscast hailing from Ibaan in Batangas and a sit-in anchor for Sarita Kare, she is now director for communications for the Philippine Department of Education.
- Edison Reyes - one of the additions to the newscast in its August 2009 launch, he became Sarita Kare's co-anchor in January 2010, making him the first male anchor of the newscast. He is now a reporter for DWFM-FM and for DWET-TV.
- Michael Cuyugan - the earliest male reporter for the newscast in its February 2009 soft launch.
- Kris Saunar
- Carolyn Bonquin - she is now a field reporter in ABS-CBN Manila.
- Sarita Kare-Telado - she is the earliest anchor (2009-2013)