Tera Patrick in 2010.
|Born||Linda Ann Hopkins
July 25, 1976
Great Falls, Montana
|Other names||Tara Patrick
|Ethnicity||Thai, English, Dutch|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight||121 lb (55 kg; 8.6 st)|
|Spouse(s)||Evan Seinfeld (2004-2009; divorced)|
|No. of adult films||118 (per IAFD)|
Early life and education
Born Linda Ann Hopkins in Great Falls, Montana, Patrick moved to New York City, where her career as a runway and catalog model began. At 18, she left the world of modeling and enrolled at Boise State University in Boise, Idaho, from which she earned an A.A.S. degree in nursing and a B.S. in Biology.
Patrick has appeared in Playboy and Penthouse, where she was the "Pet of the Month" for February 2000 and was selected as "Pet of the Year" runner-up. In 2003, Patrick became the masthead publisher of Genesis.
In 2006, Patrick and her then-husband, Evan Seinfeld, launched a talent agency representing models and actor/actresses. According to a quote on the agency's website, Patrick's goal "is to help girls (and guys) in the business to be treated with respect, and realize their true potential...." She also owns a production company called "Teravision," which along with Vivid Video released its first feature, "Desperate," starring Patrick and Seinfeld. In April 2006, it was announced that she would host the Exxxotica Miami convention.
In an interview with the Adult Film Database in February 2007, Patrick stated she would only continue to work in front of the camera for two more years, but plans on releasing her starring adult titles over the next decade. The March 2007 DVD release 'inTERActive' set the record as the fastest selling Hustler release ever.
In April 2007, Patrick and her production company, Teravision, filed a lawsuit against Jenna Jameson and Playboy Enterprises (the new owners of Club Jenna) for failing to properly account for and pay royalties on money earned by Patrick's website clubtera.com.
Tera Patrick's Indonesian non-pornographic horror movie, Rintihan Kuntilanak Perawan (Moaning of Virgin Ghost) was presented nationwide from October 14, 2010, through November 16, 2010, and it is still[when?] being shown in at least seven movie theaters in Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia, and in the surrounding area on Java.
Patrick's memoir, Sinner Takes All, was published by Penguin imprint Gotham Books on January 5, 2010. The book was co-written by journalist and author Carrie Borzillo. The book chronicles Patrick's path to porn stardom and the various life experiences she had along the way. During the process of writing the book, which she describes as "cathartic", Patrick discusses how she and her mother repaired their relationship, and how she addressed problems within her relationship with her (now ex) husband, Evan Seinfeld. Patrick commented, "I wanted the book to end happily. I knew there were problems with our marriage obviously, and the decision to leave him came about quite suddenly."
On January 9, 2004, Patrick married Evan Seinfeld in a small ceremony, after a three-year relationship, in Las Vegas where they were attending the 2004 AVN Awards show. In November 2006, Patrick starred in a Vivid/Teravision production titled "Tera Patrick's Fashion Underground" where she performed with Jean Val Jean and Tommy Gunn. In the same film her husband, under the name Spyder Jonez, performed with Lanny Barby. In an interview, Tera Patrick says she's OK with him doing scenes with other girls. The two have made five movies for Vivid and ten for Teravision (with Seinfeld appearing under the name "Spyder Jonez"; he has also directed some features).
The couple announced on September 30, 2009 that they were ending their marriage, but that they would remain business partners.
Awards and honors
- 2000 Hot D'Or – "Best New tokai
- 2001 Adult Stars magazine – Consumer Choice Awards – "Best New Starlet"
- 2001 AVN Award – "Best New Starlet"
- 2001 AVN Award – "Best Interactive DVD" for "Virtual Sex With Tera Patrick"
- 2001 Genesis – "Best New Cummer"
- 2001 XRCO Awards – "Best New Starlet"
- 2002 Runner-up Penthouse Pet Of The Year
- 2002 Hustler Honey
- 2004, 2005, "2007" Genesis Pornstar of The Year
- 2004, 2005, 2006 FOXE Fan Favorite
- 2006 FHM 100 Sexiest Women
- 2006 VH1's Top 40 Hottest Rockstar Girlfriends & Wives
- 2007 F.A.M.E. Award for Favorite Female Starlet
- 2007 Venus Berlin – "Best American Actress"
- 2007 AVN Award – "Best Interactive Movie" – InTERActive"
- 2007 E-Line Awards, Venus Berlin – "Best Performer, Best Businesswoman"
- 2008 AVN Award – "Best Cinematography: Fashion Underground"
- 2008 AVN Award – "Best High End All Sex Release: Broken"
- 2008 AVN Award – "Best Interactive Movie: InTERActive"
- 2008 F.A.M.E. Award – Favorite Female Starlet
- 2009 AVN Hall of Fame inductee
- 2009 F.A.M.E. Award – Favorite Female Star
- 2009 XBIZ Award - Crossover Star of the Year
- 2009 XBIZ Award - ASACP Service Recognition Award
- 2013 Exxxotica Fanny Award – Lifetime Achievement Award
In popular culture
- Patrick has been a frequent and favorite guest of Howard Stern on his TV and radio programs, as well as the Adam Carolla radio show. She was on the cover of the July 2006 American edition of FHM, revealing candid details in an interview inside. Patrick, who had been named one of FHM's 100 sexiest women, was the first porn star to appear on the cover.
- Patrick also appeared and voicing herself in episode 63 of Aqua Teen Hunger Force animated series, which first aired November 19, 2006.
- Patrick was made into a playable character in the video game Backyard Wrestling 2.
- Patrick was also in the music video for "I Can't Move" by Everlast.
- Patrick was involved in promotion for the 2008 video game Saints Row 2, and also gave her own voice in its first episodic expansion pack Ultor Exposed.
- Patrick was featured in the book, Permanence: Tattoo Portraits (pub. 2008) by the artist Kip Fulbeck.
- "Bio – Tera Patrick". terapatrick.com. Retrieved 2009-03-21.[dead link]
- Hammond, Steven (2009-12-31). "Sinner Takes All: A Memoir of Love and Porn". edgeboston.com. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- Tera Patrick @ Pornstarz
- Roger T. Pipe (July 2000). "Tera Patrick Interview". rogreviews.com. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- David Salcido. "An Interview With Tera Patrick". Blue Food. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- Tera Patrick To Host Exxxotica Miami April 8, 2006
- "Tera Patrick, Candid Interview 2007". adultfilmdatabase.com. 2007-02-20. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- "Tera Patrick's new DVD Sets Sales Record at Hustler". BusinessVoyeur.com. 2005-06-06. Retrieved 2007-06-06.
- "Tera & Playboy's School of Sex". Adult Industry News. Retrieved September 15, 2008.
- "Porn Showdown". New York Post. 2007-04-28. Retrieved 2007-04-29.
- American pornstar to shoot in Indonesia http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2010/10/06/american-pornstar-shoot-indonesia.html
- "Tera Patrick: A Memoir of Love And Porn". SuicideGirls.com. 2010-01-05. Retrieved 2010-01-05.
- "No Apologies: Tera Patrick and Evan Seinfeld on Lust, Love and Licentiousness". SexHerald.com. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- Andrea Bonaventura, "Spin, Suck & Choke: Down and Dirty With Tera Patrick" Real Detroit Weekly February 14, 2008. "When he does scenes with other girls I get to go shopping. He comes home all cute and romantic after."
- Preston, Bob (September 30, 2009). "Tera Patrick, Evan Seinfeld Split". XBIZ. Retrieved 2009-10-01.
- "Tera Patrick... We'd Love to Get Lucky With Her". AskMen.com. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- Peter Warren (2007-06-23). "2007 F.A.M.E. Award Winners Announced". AVN. Retrieved 2007-06-24.
- David Sullivan (2008-06-07). "2008 F.A.M.E. Winners Announced at Erotica LA". AVN. Retrieved 2008-06-08.
- "Nominations 2009 AVN Adult Movie Awards" (PDF). AVNAwards.com. 2008-11-25. Retrieved 2008-11-26.[dead link]
- "F.A.M.E. Award Winners Announced". AVN. 2009-09-13. Retrieved 2009-08-04.
- XBIZ Award Winners, XBIZ, February, 2011
- "Winners Announced at Inaugural Fannys Ceremony". AVN.com. 2013-04-22. Retrieved 2013-05-12.
- "Tera Patrick Graces FHM's July 2006 Cover". Business Wire. 2006-06-05. Archived from the original on 2006-06-05. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- "Tera Patrick, FHM Covergirl". Fleshbot. 2006-06-02. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- Long-Haired Offender (2007-05-31). "Playing with Tera Patrick". GamerHelp.com. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- TeamXBox Staff (2004-10-07). "Backyard Wrestling 2: Tera Patrick Interview". TeamXBox.com. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- "Tera Patrick Swallows The Mainstream". complex.com. 2008-07-31. Retrieved 2008-09-28.
- Ahearn, Nate (July 30, 2008). "Saints Row 2 and Tera Patrick Preview". IGN. Retrieved 2008-06-30.
- Brudvig, Eric (March 30, 2009). "Saints Row 2: Ultor Exposed". IGN. Retrieved 2009-04-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Tera Patrick|
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Tera Patrick|
- Official website
- Official website
- Tera Patrick on Twitter
- Tera Patrick at the Internet Movie Database
- Tera Patrick at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Tera Patrick at the Adult Film Database