|Origin||Berkeley, California, United States|
|Genres||Hip hop, synthpop, hyphy, electronic, alternative rock, house|
|Occupations||DJ, record producer, singer-songwriter, rapper|
|Instruments||Vocals, piano, keyboard, drums, guitars|
|Labels||Universal Republic, Republic Indie-Pop|
|Associated acts||Dev, The Pack, Far East Movement, Usher, Glasses Malone, New Boyz, SkyBlu of LMFAO, Wolfgang Gartner|
The Cataracs are an American hip hop indie-pop band formed in Berkeley, California, consisting of Niles "Cyrano" Hollowell-Dhar, a songwriter, vocalist, and producer and formerly David "Campa" Benjamin Singer-Vine, a songwriter and vocalist. The duo started out as an independent group, during their years at Berkeley High School. The two were first signed to the label Indie-Pop. The Cataracs are currently based in Los Angeles consisting, right now, of just Niles "Cyrano" Hollowell-Dhar.
Rise to fame 
In their new stage, they discovered Manteca, California native, Dev, a singer who posted much of her work on MySpace. Dhar asked if she would like to sing for them, which led to the song "2Nite." The Cataracs, along with Dev, signed to the Indie-Pop Label, which also features musicians such as Young L. They were later signed to a major label, Universal Records. Through Universal, they began producing music for artists such as Far East Movement and Glasses Malone. As artists, The Cataracs received recognition through their 2010 single "Club Love", which received air play at clubs and on many different radio stations. Despite such accomplishments, the Cataracs have had their most mainstream success with the song "Like a G6" which was written by Singer-Vine/Dhar and produced by Dhar. and also went on to peak at #1 on the Billboard charts. The chorus for the song is sampled from lyrics in the song "Booty Bounce" by Dev, which they also produced. They were featured on two of Shwayze's songs on his 2010 mixtape Love Stoned. The duo also produced songs for albums such as The Pack new album, Wolfpack Party. In early December 2010, a collaboration with Snoop Dogg, the inspiration behind the group's name, had leaked and is rumored to become Snoop Dogg's second single for his upcoming album Doggumentary. Produced "Kick Us Out" for pop trio Hyper Crush. On July 17, 2011 Campa released a free album on his website, campaiscold.com titled Would You Hate Me If I Took a Sip? along with 3 music videos to go along with it.In an attempt to bolster their fanbase,and get people more acquainted with who they are, they released Gordo Taqueria. This will serve as a 2012 EP leading up to their major debut release in the near future. Unlike much of their previous work, this album excludes samples or appearances from labelmate Dev. The announcement of the departure of David also brought some good news of the future of the Cataracs via Facebook Niles announced that he has collaborated with artists he could only dream of before and created some of the best music of his Career.
On August 23, 2012 Niles informed on the Cataracs Facebook page that David has left the group. The note goes on to saying that "The Cataracs, as of 2 weeks ago, has taken a new form. David informed us of a pretty big decision… The decision to follow his heart and put music down." Niles will go on to produce solely while keeping the name The Cataracs.The first show without David took place on August 25 at Cornell University.
- Studio albums
- Technohop Vol. 1 (2006)
- Technohop Vol. 2 (2007)
- The 13th Grade (2008)
- Songs We Sung in Showers (2009)
- Extended plays
- Lingerie (2008)
- Gordo Taqueria (2012)
- Loud Xmas (2012)
- Loud Science (2013)
- Kids - Presented by DJ Eleven (2008)
- Yeah Buddy! - Mixed by DJ Excel (2009)
- The Stimulating Package (2009)
- I Thought They Were Black?! - Presented by DJ Greg Street (2010)
|USA||BEL (Vl)||BEL (Wa)||CAN||FRA|
|2008||"Baby Baby (The Lovers Anthem)"||—||—||—||—||—||Lingerie|
|2009||"Club Love"||—||—||—||—||—||Non-album singles|
|2011||"Top of the World" (featuring Dev)||—||—||27||61||66|
|"Sunrise" (featuring Dev)||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012||"All You" (featuring Waka Flocka Flame and Kaskade)||—||54||—||—||—||Gordo Taqueria|
|"Alcohol" (featuring SkyBlu)||—||—||9||—||—|
Promotional singles 
- Undercover (2011)
- Synthesizer (2012)
- OOOYEA (2012)
As featured artist 
|2010||"Like a G6"
(Far East Movement featuring The Cataracs and Dev)
|"Bass Down Low"
(Dev featuring The Cataracs)
|61||66||—||35||28||92||—||—||—||10||The Night the Sun Came Up|
(New Boyz featuring The Cataracs and Dev)
|26||89||—||52||—||—||28||—||—||55||Too Cool to Care|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart.|
Guest appearances 
|2009||"Fall in Love" (Ya Boy featuring The Cataracs)||Non-album single|
|2010||"I Get Doe" (Glasses Malone featuring The Cataracs)||Beach Cruiser|
|2011||"Love Letter" (Shwayze featuring The Cataracs and Dev)||Non-album single|
Production credits 
- 2009: "Back It Up" (Colette Carr)
- 2010: "Fireball" (Dev)
- 2010: "Wet" (Snoop Dogg)
- 2010: "Booty Bounce" (Dev)
- 2010: "Bass Down Low" (Dev featuring. The Cataracs)
- 2010: "Like a G6" (Far East Movement featuring. The Cataracs and Dev)
- 2010: "Kick Us Out" (Hyper Crush)
- 2010: "Backseat" (New Boyz)
- 2010: "Malibu Is Poppin'" (Colette Carr)
- 2011: "Better with the Lights Off" (New Boyz featuring. Chris Brown)
- 2011: "Love Letter" (Shwayze featuring. The Cataracs and Dev)
- 2011: "In the Dark" (Dev)
- 2011: "I'm On It" (50 Cent)
- 2011: "City Nights" (Mistah F.A.B. featuring. T-Pain)
- 2011: "Whiplash" (Lisa D'Amato featuring. Loco Ninja)
- 2011: "Young Forever" (The Ready Set)
- 2012: "Naked" (Dev featuring. Enrique Iglesias)
Music videos 
|2013||"Missed U 2" (with Petros)||Anthony Fox|
|2013||"Alcohol (Remix)" (with Sky Blu)||Anthony Fox|
|2012||"All You" (with Waka Flocka Flame & Kaskade)||Mickey Finnegan|
|2011||"Sunrise" (with Dev)||Anthony Fox|
|2011||"Love Letter" (with Shwayze and Dev)||Mikey Easterling|
|2011||"Top of the World" (with Dev)||Ethan Lader|
|2011||"Backseat" (with New Boyz and Dev)||Jake Davis|
|2011||"Bass Down Low" (with Dev)||Ethan Lader|
|2010||"Like a G6"(with Dev & Far East Movement)||Matt Alonzo|
|2010||"I Get Doe" (with Glasses Malone)||Kimberly S. Stuckwisch / Yon Thomas|
|2009||"Club Love"||Colin Tilley|
|2009||"Baby Baby (The Lovers Anthem)"||TAJ|
|2008||"Freakin' Ta Ma Song" (Two versions)||Colin Tilley|
|2008||"Hit Me Back"||Colin Tilley|
|2007||"Murder She Wrote"||Colin Tilley|
- "home". Universal Music. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- "Top 100 Music Hits, Top 100 Music Charts, Top 100 Songs & The Hot 100" (in (Swedish)). Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- "Like a G6 - Far East Movement". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2012-08-28.
- "David Singer-Vine Leaves the Cataracs". Popcrush.com. Retrieved 2012-08-28.
- "Baby Baby (The Lover's Anthem): The Cataracs: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- Billboard Hot 100 song positions:
- "Search: Cataracs". australian-charts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- "Suche: Cataracs" [Search: Cataracs]. austriancharts.at (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- Billboard Canadian Hot 100 song positions:
- "Like a G6": "Far East Movement Album & Song Chart History: Canadian Hot 100". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved December 18, 2010.
- "Bass Down Low":
- "Search: Cataracs". Irish-charts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- "Zoeken: Cataracs" [Search: Cataracs]. dutchcharts.nl (in Dutch). Hung Medien. Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- "Search: Cataracs". charts.org.nz. Hung Medien. Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- "Search: Cataracs". swedishcharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- "Search: Cataracs". swisscharts.com (in German). Hung Medien. Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- "Far East Movement ft Cataracs & Dev". Chart Stats. Chart Stats. Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- "Gold & Platinum: Far East Movement". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- "ARIA Charts - Accreditations - 2011 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association. February 28, 2011. Retrieved March 4, 2011.
- "Latest Gold / Platinum Singles". RadioScope. Recording Industry Association of New Zealand. Archived from the original on 2011-07-24. Retrieved January 18, 2011.
- "Sverigetopplistan: Dev, The Cataracs & Far East Movement - Like a G6" (To access certification, one must search (Sök) for "Like a G6" and click the "Visa" button.) (in Swedish). Sverigetopplistan. Grammofonleverantörernas förening. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- "Search for: Far * East Movement" (in German). swisscharts.com. Hung Medien. Retrieved February 2, 2011.
- "The Cataracs - "All You" ft. Waka Flocka & Kaskade (Music Video)".
- "Like A G6 Behind the Scenes".