The Real Frank Zappa Book
|The Real Frank Zappa Book|
|Author||Frank Zappa, Peter Occhiogrosso|
|Cover artist||A. West (concept), Jackie Seow-Pracher (design), Greg Gorman (photography)|
|Genre||Autobiography, memoir, essays|
|Publisher||Poseidon Press (US)
The Real Frank Zappa Book is an autobiography/memoir by Frank Zappa, co-written by Peter Occhiogrosso, and published by Poseidon Press. The text is copyright 1989 Frank Zappa, and copyright 1990 Simon & Schuster, Inc.. Since 1999, the book has been published in paperback by Touchstone Books.
The Book has 19 chapters:
- INTRODUCTION Book? What book?
- How Weird Am I, Anyway?
- There Goes the Neighborhood
- An Alternative to College
- Are We Having a Good Time Yet?
- The Log Cabin
- Send In the Clowns
- Drool, Britannia
- All About Music
- A Chapter for My Dad
- The One You've Been Waiting For
- Sticks & Stones
- America Drinks and Goes Marching
- All About Schmucks
- Marriage (as a Dada Concept)
- "Porn Wars"
- Church and State
- Practical Conservatism
- The Last Word
Vanity Fair wrote of the book, "An autobiography of mostly hilarious stories...fireside war tales from the big bad days of the rockin' sixties...primer of the sonic avant-garde, the book bashes favorite Zappa targets and dashes a few myths about the man."
- Zappa, Frank; Peter Occhiogrosso (1989). The Real Frank Zappa Book (First Touchstone Edition 1999 ed.). Touchstone. pp. front cover. ISBN 0-671-70572-5.
- Zappa, Frank; Peter Occhiogrosso (1989). The Real Frank Zappa Book (First Touchstone Edition 1999 ed.). Touchstone. pp. back cover. ISBN 0-671-70572-5.
|This article about a biographical or autobiographical book on musicians is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|