|This is a Wikipedia user page.
This is not an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia itself. The original page is located at
- 1 Stomach edit
- 2 The Mars Project
- 3 Category
- 4 The Who's upcoming album
- 5 Your GA nomination of The Good Terrorist
- 6 Your GA nomination of The Good Terrorist
- 7 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Cheetah portrait 2
- 8 Your GA nomination of The Good Terrorist
- 9 DYK for The Good Terrorist
- 10 Last Night in Twisted River
- 11 Henry Cow Legend
- 12 Romantic Warriors
- 13 Gimme Shelter
- 14 The Wikipedia Library needs you!
- 15 Guatimac
- 16 Classified advertising editing
- 17 Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Guinea baboon with juvenile
Hello, Bruce I am so sorry for my mistake I made here on the topic of gastric because I just was about to try my editing but I didn't find lotta sources to bring or derieve hard proof for writings. Anyway, happy new year 2015. I hope, you give me some ideas to writings the articles.— Preceding unsigned comment added by Mahendra Niraula (talk • contribs) 14:21, 7 January 2015 UTC
- Not a problem. If you need any help editing here, you can have a look at Wikipedia's help page ... and a happy new year to you too. —Bruce1ee 15:08, 7 January 2015 (UTC)
Can you help me to understand why you think "The Mars Project" is nonfiction? I think you may be trying to say that this fictional story is supported by scientific fact, but that wouldn't change it's genre from 'fiction' to 'nonfiction'. --FuturePrefect (talk) 23:41, 15 January 2015 (UTC)
Hi, Bruce. Your input would be appreciated at Wikipedia:Categories_for_discussion/Log/2015_February_12#Category:Collaborations_between_the_Beatles_and_the_Rolling_Stones. - Bossanoven (talk) 17:17, 12 February 2015 (UTC)
The Who's upcoming album
Hey Bruce. Can you please explain why you took the Addition of the who's upcoming album? They have said in press statements it is coming out this year. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Joshua0228 (talk • contribs) 04:39, 17 February 2015 UTC
- The new album is not mentioned in the body of The Who, nor does it have a name or release date. The Discography section of the article is a summary of The Who discography, and the new album isn't mentioned there either. —Bruce1ee 05:12, 17 February 2015 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of The Good Terrorist
Hi there, I'm pleased to inform you that I've begun reviewing the article The Good Terrorist you nominated for GA-status according to the criteria. This process may take up to 7 days. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you might have during this period. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Chiswick Chap -- Chiswick Chap (talk) 13:40, 9 March 2015 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of The Good Terrorist
The article The Good Terrorist you nominated as a good article has been placed on hold . The article is close to meeting the good article criteria, but there are some minor changes or clarifications needing to be addressed. If these are fixed within 7 days, the article will pass; otherwise it may fail. See Talk:The Good Terrorist for things which need to be addressed. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Chiswick Chap -- Chiswick Chap (talk) 07:20, 11 March 2015 (UTC)
Your GA nomination of The Good Terrorist
The article The Good Terrorist you nominated as a good article has passed ; see Talk:The Good Terrorist for comments about the article. Well done! If the article has not already been on the main page as an "In the news" or "Did you know" item, you can nominate it to appear in Did you know. Message delivered by Legobot, on behalf of Chiswick Chap --
- Thank you, I enjoyed working on it. —Bruce1ee 08:52, 19 March 2015 (UTC)
DYK for The Good Terrorist
|On 28 March 2015, Did you know was updated with a fact from the article The Good Terrorist, which you recently created or substantially expanded. The fact was ... that a critic said that the heroine of Doris Lessing's novel The Good Terrorist is neither a good person nor a good revolutionary? The nomination discussion and review may be seen at Template:Did you know nominations/The Good Terrorist. You are welcome to check how many page hits the article got while on the front page (here's how, live views, daily totals), and it may be added to the statistics page if the total is over 5,000. Finally, if you know of an interesting fact from another recently created article, then please feel free to suggest it on the Did you know talk page.|
Last Night in Twisted River
Last night in twisted river was published early September 2009 at Bezige Bij publishing house in Amsterdam. Proof of this can be found in reviews that appeared in the month of September 2009 in Holland such as:
Proof is also to be found on websites where the september 2009 edition is being sold, eg:
The Dutch Wikipedia page on John Irving also mentions the publication of Last night in Twisted River in September 2009: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Irving
- You're right, it was first published in the Netherlands. Thanks for pointing this out, and for your references – I've updated the article. —Bruce1ee 07:32, 9 April 2015 (UTC)
Henry Cow Legend
as a long-time Henry Cow listener I'm interested on the entry for Legend for which, I gather, you are the key author. There seem to be two things that in my mind require clarification.
a. There is no evidence that I can find that the US and Japanese pressing of Legend were remixed. In fact there is not a Japanese pressing (which is on Virgin) until 10 years after the album came out, listed on discogs. Was there even a Japanese pressing before that date? It would seem highly unlikely that the band could or would go in a remix the album for Virgin at any point. Where does it talk about a remix for early pressings of the record? Feels like hearsay.
b. I have it on the authority of Chris Cutler (by email) that the most recent CD remaster of Henry Cow Legend was not made from a vinyl copy. Again, I ask - where is the evidence for this statement?
- Hi Simon, the US/Japanese mix statements were added here last month, and the CD remaster from vinyl statement was added here in May 2010, both by anonymous users. I have queried these additions on the album's talk page here. Thanks for pointing this out. —Bruce1ee 09:29, 3 May 2015 (UTC)
I have a couple of favors to ask, because I don't know how to do something. I see recently (on May 8) you changed the name of "Romantic Warriors - A Progressive Music Saga" to ""Romantic Warriors -- A Progressive Music Saga" (with emdash instead of hyphen). Really, this page should be "Romantic Warriors: A Progressive Music Saga" with a colon, to match RWII and RWIII. And on that subject, when I created "Romantic Warriors III: Canterbury Tales" I accidentally named it "Romantic warriors III: Canterbury Tales" (with a lowercase "warriors"). Total flub on my part. How does one change an article title?
- Hi, I've renamed the two articles for you using the "Move" link at the top of the page (see WP:MOVE if you want to do it yourself). And thanks for your work on those two pages. —Bruce1ee 18:09, 23 May 2015 (UTC)
Noticed you did some editing and/or cleanup on the entry for Gimme Shelter recently, reason for this visit is I have Gimme Shelter on 7" singles and picture sleeves (Japan '70, London/Top 1659 backed with Love In Vain; and again in '73, Japan London/Top 1775 backed with Jumpin Jack Flash - first of several non-US releases.) Trying to find someone interested to help upload pics since I'm not a member, wondering if you can help or pass this to someone who can. Not important. just add'l info. Thanks, Don Gillis firstname.lastname@example.org 18.104.22.168 (talk) 03:13, 13 June 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Don, I'd be happy to help. But keep in mind that while album/single cover images are permitted on Wikipedia, they are considered "non-free content" and need to abide by Wikipedia's policies on such content. This means, amongst other things, that each non-free image must be used in an article, and that the number of non-free images that an article may have is limited. Gimme Shelter already has one single cover, so probably only one more would be permitted. But let me know if you want any images uploaded. —Bruce1ee 08:02, 14 June 2015 (UTC)
The Wikipedia Library needs you!
We hope The Wikipedia Library has been a useful resource for your work. TWL is expanding rapidly and we need your help!
With only a couple hours per week, you can make a big difference for sharing knowledge. Please sign up and help us in one of these ways:
- Account coordinators: help distribute free research access
- Partner coordinators: seek new donations from partners
- Communications coordinators: share updates in blogs, social media, newsletters and notices
- Technical coordinators: advise on building tools to support the library's work
- Outreach coordinators: connect to university libraries, archives, and other GLAMs
- Research coordinators: run reference services
- My pleasure, but those were just maintenance/tidying up edits – my knowledge of the subject is very limited. You're going to have to ask someone else I'm afraid. —Bruce1ee 05:08, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
Classified advertising editing
Before you remove any link, please go through that link. If you think that edit is wrong, you should remove that all that type links. Its totally nonprofit free posting site. i completely discouraged — Preceding unsigned comment added by Allfreeworld (talk • contribs) 15:26, 16 July 2015 (UTC)
- I take it you're referring to this edit. The external link you added is not appropriate for Wikipedia. See WP:ELNO. —Bruce1ee 15:33, 16 July 2015 (UTC)