|no archives yet (create)|
- 1 In response to your feedback
- 2 Kostas Skoupras
- 3 Veysi
- 4 Talk Back
- 5 New Page Patrolling
- 6 CVUA academy
- 7 Page Curation newsletter - closing up!
- 8 It was a mistake
- 9 CVUA
- 10 This is not a newsletter
- 11 Invitation for 52nd Bangalore Meetup !
- 12 Re: Invitation for 52nd Bangalore meetup
- 13 February 2013
- 14 CVUA
Glad to hear so! Here are some pages that you might find helpful:
- The five pillars of Wikipedia
- How to edit a page
- Help pages
- How to write a great article
Thanks for your feedback!
The speedy delete tag was remove as a professional football does have notability. As you are new, please do not go around and start deleting articles. Get to know the place and the rules first.Bgwhite (talk) 05:08, 21 September 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Bgwhite,
- The reason I marked this AfD was because, I may have mis-read WP:BLP1E. As the Greek Football League hasn't yet started,the article was short and seemed more of a promotional page. The article was marked for delete by me, not deleted!
- I am new around here and will accept your suggestion of getting to know the rules first. Thanks! Nithin (talk) 00:13, 22 September 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for responding. There are a ton of 1-3 sentence articles about athletes around here. Way too many if you ask me. I personally don't see the use for one sentence articles. But, being that short is no grounds for deletion.
- For the speedy delete tag place on Skoupras, there has to be no claim that that the person is "important or significant". A claim of a professional footballer is enough to not place the tag. Skoupras did play professional football from 2010-2012.
- The next step is to see if Skoupras complies with football nobility requirements. He played for Tyrnavos 2005 F.C., which is in the Football League 2 (Greece). Football League 2 is listed as one of the fully professional leagues, therefore the article can stay.
- If he didn't play for a fully professional league, then a PROD would be in order.
- If the PROD was removed, then take the article to AFD.
- Carlossiarez46, I removed the AFD template after I saw the discussion page, I was adding tags to the article when I received your message.
- Please refresh the page and you'll see! And please read WP:DISRUPT before you accuse someone of it. Nithin (talk) 22:46, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
- You have acted disruptively. The speedy tag, as you know, since you applied it, does not apply to disambiguation pages - which this, is. Moreover, you have put a malicious "multiple issues tag with a reference to the talk page, but you don't put anything there, because you don't want to highlight you further disprution? Carlossuarez46 (talk) 22:53, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
now you get a last warning. Read WP:DAB, read WP:CSD before doing any more disruptive editing. Your next edit will end up with a block or a community notice board. Carlossuarez46 (talk) 22:53, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
It's clear you're only here to annoy. Veys is a disambiguation page, but you know that. You disregard WP policies at WP:DAB to further damage the wikipedia and waste my time. Carlossuarez46 (talk) 22:55, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
- I removed the AFD only because I read the discussion page and then then saw the article WP:DAB and the tags that were added were to let you know that merging would be a better option as Veysi as same as Veysi, Behbahan. Atleast that's what I saw you update.
- I was trying to update the discussion page, when I received another message from you!
- Please do let me know how many instances of WP:DISRUPT do you see me do? And please act a little grown up. Nithin (talk) 23:03, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
New Page Patrolling
Hi. Thank you for patrolling new pages. With regard to Satyanarayan Chhipa, Phil Bridger, a very experienced editor, was actually quite right. The article was not vandalism and did make assertions of importance. As such it did not qualify for any CSD criteria. As it was entirely unreferenced, the standard procedure for such a bio is to WP:BLPPROD it from whence it will probably be procedurally deleted after 10 days. Although there are huge backlogs at NPP, the task of patrolling new pages is not one for beginners - consider that special rights are needed for counter-vandalism tools which don't require anywhere near as much knowledge of deletion and policies as the work at NPP does. As one of the pioneers of NPP improvement and reform, I welcome you to ask me for help and advice on my talk page at any time, but I do suggest you read WP:NPP first, and then WP:DELETION and consign the CSD criteria to memory. Happy editing! --Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 05:20, 28 September 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks Kudpung, I wasn't sure if I was right or wrong, So I checked with WP:EAR and was answered by Ukexpat and I realized that then!
I am glad that you chose me as your instructor in the fight against vandalism!
Head on over to User:Jethro B/CVUA to begin your assignments. This is the page we will use to communicate with each other. Feel free to ask questions on my own talkpage, but this page will be where I assign tasks and you fulfill them and reply with the fulfillment.
After completing all of the tasks, and once I see that you've mastered the tools and know how to fight vandalism, you will have graduated from the CVUA.
I'm very excited!
So let's begin. Head on over to that page, check it out, and start reading and answering the first question. When you're done with that, wait for me to respond to your answer. Then we'll head on to in-field work, in the section "First task."
Work at your own pace!
Hey all :).
We're (very shortly) closing down this development cycle for Page Curation. It's genuinely been a pleasure to talk with you all and build software that is so close to my own heart, and also so effective. The current backlog is 9 days, and I've never seen it that low before.
However! Closing up shop does not mean not making any improvements. First-off, this is your last chance to give us a poke about unresolved bugs or report new ones on the talkpage. If something's going wrong, we want to know about it :). Second, we'll hopefully be taking another pass over the software next year. If you've got ideas for features Page Curation doesn't currently have, stick them here.
It was a mistake
- Thats exactly what I thought so too! Has happened to me too - Cheers! NitRav (talk) 19:37, 22 October 2012 (UTC)
:) Good we got tha tout of the way then :) David-golota (talk) 20:38, 22 October 2012 (UTC)
I'm really sorry, but an in-life scenario popped up and I'm not going to be as active on Wikipedia for the next 3 days, except for monitoring some pages really, and won't have time to create a new session and assignment on the CVUA. When I return in three days, we'll get straight towards learning how to use all kinds of cool tools to fight vandalism, I promise.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience, but thought I should let you know. I hope this does not happen again.
- Not a problem Jethro B,hope everything is well. I'll use the time to fight more Vandalism with Twinkle, and was thinking of applying for Rollbacker rights, what would u suggest? As both Huggle & STiki need the RB rights! NitRav (talk) 16:25, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, definitely apply for Rollback rights. I'm pretty sure I could get you onto Stiki without Rollback rights, but sign up for Rollback anyway. Post a message either here or on my talk with a link to where you signed up, and I'll post there recommending you, which will definitely ensure you get the rights. --Jethro B 22:55, 23 October 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks Jethro B, I shall make the request for STiki by the end of the day and post the link for the request for you to support! NitRav (talk) 19:03, 29 October 2012 (UTC)
Anyway. You're getting this note because you've participated in discussion and/or asked for updates to either the Article Feedback Tool or Page Curation. This isn't about either of those things, I'm afraid ;p. We've recently started working on yet another project: Echo, a notifications system to augment the watchlist. There's not much information at the moment, because we're still working out the scope and the concepts, but if you're interested in further updates you can sign up here.
In addition, we'll be holding an office hours session at 21:00 UTC on Wednesday, 14 November in #wikimedia-office - hope to see you all there :). I appreciate it's an annoying time for non-Europeans: if you're interested in chatting about the project but can't make it, give me a shout and I can set up another session if there's enough interest in one particular timezone or a skype call if there isn't. Thanks! Okeyes (WMF) (talk) 11:13, 10 November 2012 (UTC)
Invitation for 52nd Bangalore Meetup !
The 52nd Bangalore Meetup is coming. Have a look here for details. Do 'Signup' on the Meetup-page to mark your attendance.
Re: Invitation for 52nd Bangalore meetup
Hello, I'm Fbifriday. I wanted to let you know that I undid one or more of your recent contributions to Rupesh Talaskar because it didn't appear constructive. If you think I made a mistake, or if you have any questions, you can leave me a message on my talk page. Thanks! If a PROD is removed, the proper thing to do is NOT to just undo the edit. Proper protocol is then to nominate the page for deletion. I recommend you read WP:PROD for the proper procedure. Fbifriday (talk) 09:10, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
Hi there, theonesean here. I was recently checking the Counter-Vandalism Academy, and I noticed you hadn't been editing for a while. I marked you as inactive on the instructor page, so if you aren't inactive, just change yourself back. If you have any other questions, just drop me a line. Thanks, theonesean 03:50, 26 August 2013 (UTC)