|If I am absent for 24, 48, or even 72 hours from this site, REMEMBER, WE ARE ALL VOLUNTEERS. Thanks.|
Hi. I noticed you listed yourself at Wikipedia:Request an RfA nomination. Please consider Ian.thomson for an RfA. Ian has the requisite longevity and editing experience and has taken a huge amount of abuse while vandal fighting. He's always been on the right side during his appearances at ANI and I think he ought to have the mop so we can cut out the middleman.
My nomination wouldn't help him but your recommendation would carry weight with the aggregate of Wikipedians. Ian has never been an admin and has never indicated he would be against a nomination. Thanks for your time. Chris Troutman (talk) 22:04, 12 May 2015 (UTC)
The Signpost: 13 May 2015
- Foundation elections: WMF Board candidates share their views with the Signpost
- In the media: Grant Shapps story continues; Wikipedia's "leftist ties"
- Featured content: Four first-time featured article writers lead the way
- Traffic report: Round Two
- Hello Chris! We have not spoken for a while. I hope all is well with you and yours. Simon Irondome (talk) 21:15, 18 May 2015 (UTC)
Orphaned non-free image File:NunnerWoodHS-logo.png
Thanks for uploading File:NunnerWoodHS-logo.png. The image description page currently specifies that the image is non-free and may only be used on Wikipedia under a claim of fair use. However, the image is currently not used in any articles on Wikipedia. If the image was previously in an article, please go to the article and see why it was removed. You may add it back if you think that that will be useful. However, please note that images for which a replacement could be created are not acceptable for use on Wikipedia (see our policy for non-free media).
- This file was removed from its parent article as an act of vandalism. --Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 02:54, 19 May 2015 (UTC)
Robert Heath Heating - Page Deletion
Hi, please can you explain why you think the page is promotional? We're a large national heating company and followed British Gas' lead with how to layout the description. I'm not sure how ours is any different? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 17:52, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi. The very first indication of it being promotional is that it is written by the subject's own PR department as a simple corporate listing, which an encyclopdia is not for - please see WP:NOTDIR and please also see WP:Conflict of interest. If your company is truly notable (and sheer size is not necessarily a criterion) an independent 3rd party Wikipedia contributor will write an article about it. --Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 18:02, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
Hi, pinging a random currently active admins, so, lucky you. :) Can you take a look at University of Massachusetts Dartmouth and see if it warrants semi-protection? There's a discussion on the talk page on whether to include the Boston Marathon bombings perpetrator in the list of alumni, but in the meantime the entry is being repeatedly removed by a UMass-Dartmouth IP. Tarc (talk) 20:01, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
The Signpost: 20 May 2015
- News and notes: A dark side of comedy: the Wikipedia volunteers cleaning up behind John Oliver's fowl jokes
- From the editor: Your voice is needed: strategic voting in the WMF election
- In the media: Jimmy Wales accepts Dan David Prize
- WikiProject report: Cell-ebrating molecular biology
- Arbitration report: Editor conduct the subject of multiple cases
- Featured content: Puppets, fungi, and waterfalls
- Traffic report: Inner Core
I posted the Russell Storm page. Why was it removed? The tag states Blatant Hoax, but that was not the intention. When the page was marked for Speedy Deletion, I left a message contesting the Deletion enumerating that the page was intended on providing information on a fictional candidate for the 2016 presidential elections. I hope that you reconsider reinstating the page. If it would help, I could provide a better explanation on the persona on the page clearly stating that this candidate is fictional, but has a real presence on social media and a current website supporting his campaign. Zachvandyke (talk) 00:44, 21 May 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Zachvandyke. The article was tagged by a patrolling editor as:
- This article may meet Wikipedia's criteria for speedy deletion as a blatant and obvious hoax. This only applies to cases where the deception is so obvious as to constitute pure vandalism. See WP:CSD G3.
- and subsequently deleted by a patroling administrator as clearly not being an acceptable entry for an encyclopedia. Please understand tbat Wikipedia is not for making experimental edits or for posting misleading content or misinformation. Please do not be offended by the standard CSD-G3 rationale - the hoax deletion criterion CSD-G3 is the nearest appropriate criterion for articles about totally ficticious subjects. Please see WP:DELETION for more information. Also, Wikipedia may only be edited by individuals writing about subjects with which they are not directly connected. Editing it or creating articles on behalf of a group, a company, or a group project is not permitted, see WP:COI. --Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 03:42, 21 May 2015 (UTC)