Villa Park High School
|Villa Park High School|
|18042 Taft Avenue
Villa Park, CA 92861
|Mascot||The 300 - Spartans|
|Website||Villa Park High School|
Villa Park High School (or VPHS) is a suburban public high school in Villa Park, California. The school was built in 1964 and is one of four comprehensive high schools in the Orange Unified School District. The campus serves students residing in Villa Park and portions of the cities of Orange and Anaheim.
Enrollment at VPHS (for 2011-12 school year) is 2,491 students. The ethnic breakdown of the student population is 10.9% Asian, 36.7% Hispanic, .16% African American and 46.5% white (non Hispanic). The professional staff includes 88 teachers, five counselors, a library media specialist, a career adviser, an activities director, and three administrators. A dedicated classified staff also supports the school program.
The school Academic Performance Index (API) for the 2011–2012 school year was 815, a 6-point increase over the previous year. The regular school day begins at 8:01 AM and ends at 2:46 PM. A small number of earlier classes are available for students who want to begin and finish their school day earlier. These "zero period" classes meet from 7:00—7:56 A.M.
- Girls Basketball
- Cross City
- Cross Country
- Girls Football
- Roller Hockey
- Track & Field
- Water Polo
- Advanced Dance
- Marching Band
- Aaron Boone – Former MLB Infielder, ESPN Baseball Tonight Analyst
- Eric Chenowith – (Basketball player) University of Kansas, and NBA
- Kevin Costner – Actor
- Robbie Martin – NFL Football Player, Detroit Lions and Indianapolis Colts
- Pat McInally – All-Pro NFL punter, Cincinnati Bengals
- Paul Moyer – Professional Football Player, Seattle Seahawks
- Mark Trumbo - MLB baseball player, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
- Monte Scheinblum, 1992 U.S. National and World Long Driving Champion.
- Dave Leeper - Former MLB Outfielder, Kansas City Royals (1985 World Series Champions)
- Mark D. Sanders - Grammy award winning country songwriter. 14 #1 hits including the 2001 grammy winning song "I Hope You Dance".
- "VILLA PARK HIGH SCHOOL SELF-STUDY REPORT". Orangeusd.org. Retrieved December 20, 2012.
- "Villa Park Athletics". Villa Park Athletics. Retrieved January 24, 2011.
- "Aaron Boone Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Eric Chenowith". NBA Player Profiles. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Robbie L. Martin". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Pat McInally". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Paul Stewart Moyer". databaseFootball.com. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Mark Trumbo Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- "Monte Scheinblum Shines When He's Hitting Off the Tee", Bucky Albers, Dayton Daily News, May 19, 1993; retrieved December 23, 2010. The family settled in Orange County, Calif., and Monte says he was a 4.3 student at Villa Park High School
- "Dave Leeper Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Villa Park High School.|