Marković in 2012
|Date of birth||1 January 1937|
|Place of birth||Bugojno, Kingdom of Yugoslavia|
|Date of death||23 September 2013(aged 76)|
|Place of death||Zagreb, Croatia|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Marković was born in Bugojno on 1 January 1937. In 1945, his uncles died as part of the Croatian Armed Forces at Bleiburg. In SFRY, his father spent over 15 years in prison for possessing illegal firearm.
From 1958 until 1959 he played three matches for Yugoslavia national under-21 football team, and from 7 May 1961 until 30 September 1962 he played defense for Yugoslavia national football team and scored one own goal in 16 matches. He played in all matches on 1962 FIFA World Cup when Yugoslavia finished 4th.
He died at Zagreb in 2013. He was 76.
In November 2010, Marković spoke out against gay footballers, telling both the Croatian Večernji list and the Serbian Večernje novosti that, "As long as I'm president [of the Croatian football federation] there will be no gay players. Thank goodness only healthy people play football." He has been reported for the comment to UEFA. In July 2011 he had to pay 10.000 Euro to UEFA, because of his words against gay footballers.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vlatko Marković.|
- Piše: Zvonko Alač / Dea Redžić četvrtak, 5.7.2012. 16:48. "Dobro došo´ predsjedniče: Šuker od Markovića preuzeo hrvatski nogomet - "Moja misija je pobjeda" - Sport". Index.hr. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- Vlatko Marković: Ponosim se što sam bio YU reprezentativac, Slobodna Dalmacija
- (Serbian) Page about Marković on Serbian Football Team page
- (Croatian) Vjesnik (19/12/1999): "Unanimous support for Vlatko Marković"
- (Croatian) Net.hr portal (16/12/2006): "Svi za Markovića, Sinovčić otišao"
- Piše: I. Gojčeta utorak, 15.5.2012. 20:00 (2012-05-15). "Četrnaest godina previše - Sport". Index.hr. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- "mobile.net.hr". Sportski.net.hr. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- "Preminuo bivši predsjednik HNS-a Vlatko Marković! - Sport - nogomet - Večernji list". Vecernji.hr. 2013-09-20. Retrieved 2013-09-24.
- Croatia football chief Vlatko Markovic hit by gay group's backlash, Guardian
- Queer:UEFA bestraft homophoben kroatischen Verbandschef (german)
|President of Croatian Football Federation
December 1998 – July 2012