||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (November 2014)|
|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the Guide to deletion.
|Type||Online payment solution|
|Parent||WebMoney Transfer ltd|
|Website||WebMoney official site|
WebMoney Transfer commonly known as WebMoney is a global settlement system and environment for online business activities, established in 1998. The system claims to have more than 25 million users. Although WMT Originally targeted mainly at clients in Russia and the Former Soviet Union, it is now used worldwide. WebMoney Transfer Technology is based on providing all its users with interfaces that allow operating and controlling individual property rights for valuables (assets), stored at the specialized entities — the Guarantors.
The system enables Internet users to conduct safe transactions in real time using WebMoney units (WM-units). No bank account or credit card is required to open or operate a WebMoney account. Dozens of thousands online shops and services accept WebMoney payments WebMoney Transfer also provides online financial services, P2P payment solutions, internet based trading platforms, merchant services and online billing systems.
The owner and administrator of WebMoney Transfer system is WM Transfer Ltd. An unrelated Japanese company provides a prepaid cards service using the same name. The Japanese service only supports accounts denominated in yen.
Guarantors (underwriters) — participants of the System located in various jurisdictions and store valuables of various legal nature. Specific features of transactions with proprietary rights for values stored by each Guarantor, as well as their measurement units and the Guarantor’s obligations to exchange those proprietary rights with the currency of the country of its registration, are set out in the Agreements adopted respectively by every member of the System in the course of registering a ‘Purse’, which serves as the accounting attribute of the proprietary rights.
The System supports several types of Purses, that keep record of valuables property rights of corresponding types:
- Z-Purse WMZ — Goods certificate, in United States dollars
- E-Purse WME — Bearer's bank cheque in euros
- R-Purse WMR — Bearer's bank cheque in Russian rubles
- U-Purse WMU — Bank account claims in Ukrainian hryvni
- B-Purse WMB — Electronic Belarusian rubles
- G-Purse WMG — Warehouse receipt for stock gold in a certified storage area
- V-Check WMV — Prepaid transfer in Vietnamese đồng
- X-Purse WMX — The equivalent of 0.001 bitcoins
The units of measurement of the valuables' property rights stored by the guarantor are WebMoney Title Units (WM) of the corresponding type.
Signing up and receiving WebMoney (WM units) from other users is always free. Sending WM units to other accounts incurs a flat fee of just 0.8%. No exceptions, no cross-border fees, no hidden or additional commissions.
In fact, that 0.8% means like value added fee. How much you need to send $500? That is $500 * 1.008 (+0.8%) = $504
When you deduct fee out of $504 amount that is exactly $504 / 1.008 = $500. But if we say in terms of fee, it is less than 0.8%
So the exact real fee is about 0.79365079365%
Minimum fee — 0.01 WM Maximum fee 50 WMZ (for USD), 50 WME (for EUR), 1500 WMR (for RUB), 250 WMU (for UAH), 100.000 WMB (for BYR) and 2 WMG (for Gold)
Funding and withdrawal
Funds can be deposited to WebMoney accounts by money order, wire transfer, by conversion from other electronic currencies, using exchange offices and cash-in points. It is also possible to purchase WM prepaid cards in order to fund a purse.
The funding and withdrawal points are located in 86 counties.
WebMoney Transfer offers a list of security settings for users to protect their accounts.
- WebMoney isn't integrated into an international financial system. It doesn't accept Western Union or Paypal transfers. There are some third parties offering such services for commission fees.
- The routine need to use third parties for many operations with WebMoney raises the question of trust and the possibility of fraud.
- WebMoney transfer and topup service is not safe they can consider that you broke statements if you send money to other user after top up your purse using bank transfer , then they are not allowed to refund money to you. is not secure service
Prosecution in Ukraine
In 2013, the Ukrainian government had seized testing computer equipment from the Ukrainian guarantor and blocked 60 million UAH residing on guarantors’ accounts in Ukraine. Officials of the Ministry of Revenues and Duties of Ukraine claimed that there were major irregularities in the operations of the company and the rules of the operation of the payment system were not agreed with the National Bank of Ukraine. The property of the guarantor is to be transferred to the courts upon the completion of the investigation. On March, 17 the Ukrainian guarantor`s bank accounts were completele released by Ukrainian legal decision.
Due to Russian origin the service is listed on Ukrainian wikipage of goods and services being boycotted.
- UAH 60 mln of Ukrainians blocked in WebMoney by tax authorities - 14 June 2013, Friday 09:24
- uk:Не купуй російське! - Don't buy russian