West Asian Football Federation
|Formation||15 May 2001 |
|12 member associations|
|Prince Ali bin Al Hussein|
The West Asian Football Federation (WAFF), founded in 2001, is an association of the football playing nations in Western Asia. Its founding members are Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine and Syria. In 2009, 3 more associations joined the federation: Qatar, United Arab Emirates and Yemen. Four other nations of Western Asia: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and Saudi Arabia joined in 2010. Iran left the federation on 10 June 2014 with the creation of Central Asian Football Federation.
They organize the West Asian Football Federation Championship. Some nations were invited to participate in the competition from outside the region. Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, which are not members, were invited to participate in the first edition of the tournament in 2000. The Secretary General is the Jordanian Fadi Zureiqat.
WAFF has 12 member associations. All of them are members of the Asian Football Confederation.
|Association||Joining year||Men's team||Women's team|
|Iraq||2000 (Founding Member)||Iraq||Iraq|
|Jordan||2000 (Founding Member)||Jordan||Jordan|
|Lebanon||2000 (Founding Member)||Lebanon||Lebanon|
|Palestine||2000 (Founding Member)||Palestine||Palestine|
|Saudi Arabia||2010||Saudi Arabia||-|
|Syria||2000 (Founding Member)||Syria||Syria|
|United Arab Emirates||2009||United Arab Emirates||United Arab Emirates|
WAFF runs several competitions which cover men's, women's, youth and futsal.
|Competition||Holders||Most recent event|
|Men's Football Championship||Qatar||2014|
|Women's Football Championship||Jordan||2014|
|Men's Futsal Championship||Iran||2012|
|Women's Futsal Championship||Iran||2012|
|U-16 Men's Football Championship||Iraq||2013|
Men's National Teams
Last updated 23 October 2014
Women's National Teams
|Prince Ali bin Al Hussein||2001 -|
|Hassan Ghaffari||2001 - 2011|
|Ali Kafashian||2011 - 2014|
|Jibril Al Rajoub||2014 -|
|Fadi Zureikat||2001 -|
- Asian Football Confederation (AFC)
- Central Asian Football Federation (CAFF)
- East Asian Football Federation (EAFF)
- ASEAN Football Federation (AFF)
- South Asian Football Federation (SAFF)
- WAFF - The Official Website Of The West Asian Football Federation - Organization - Statutes/Regulations
- WAFF - The Official Website Of The West Asian Football Federation - Members Associations
- Central Asian Football Federation
- "'Central Zone' gets thumbs up from Tajikistan". The AFC. 10 June 2014. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "The FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking (Men)". FIFA. 18 January 2012.
- "The FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking (Women)". FIFA. 2011-07-22. Retrieved 2011-08-11.