Green with the Clippers
|No. 34 – Los Angeles Clippers|
July 28, 1981 |
|Listed height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Listed weight||201 lb (91 kg)|
|High school||Cooley (Detroit, Michigan)|
|NBA draft||2003 / Round: 2 / Pick: 41st overall|
|Selected by the Seattle SuperSonics|
|Pro playing career||2003–present|
|2010–2011||New Orleans Hornets|
|2012–present||Los Angeles Clippers|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
Willie J. Green (born July 28, 1981) is an American professional basketball player who plays for the Los Angeles Clippers of the NBA. He was selected in the second round (41st pick overall) of the 2003 NBA Draft by the Seattle SuperSonics and later acquired by the Philadelphia 76ers from Seattle in a draft-night trade for the draft rights to Paccelis Morlende (50th pick overall) and cash considerations.
Philadelphia 76ers (2003–2010)
Green was a 1999 graduate of Cooley High School; after a college career at the University of Detroit Mercy, he was selected by the Seattle SuperSonics in the second round (41st overall) of the 2003 NBA Draft. He was traded the same day to the Philadelphia 76ers for the draft rights to Paccelis Morlende and cash considerations.
Green was due to re-sign with the Sixers during the 2005 offseason, but suffered an injury the day of the contract signing, which put it in a temporary state of limbo. On March 23, 2006, he officially re-signed with the Sixers, and on April 4, 2006 he was activated and played 11 minutes, scoring 9 points on 4-for-6 shooting in a loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Green beat out Rodney Carney for the Sixers starting shooting guard position. During the 2007–08 NBA season, Green had career highs in games played (74, all of them as a starter), minutes played (26.6), field goal percentage (.436), rebounds (2.5), assists (2.0), and points (12.4).
New Orleans Hornets (2010–2011)
Atlanta Hawks (2011–2012)
Los Angeles Clippers (2012–present)
On July 3, 2013, the Clippers picked up their team option on Green for the 2013–14 season.
- Midwestern Collegiate Conference All-Newcomer Team: 2000
- Second Team All-Midwestern Collegiate Conference: 2001
- Horizon League Scoring Leader: 2003
- Horizon League All-Tournament Team: 2003
- All-Horizon First Team: 2003
- Horizon League Player of the Year: 2003
- Honorable Mention All-America by AP: 2003
- Portsmouth Invitational All-Tournament Team: 2003
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Green returns to Sixers after aborted summer deal - NBA - ESPN
- Willie Green Game By Game Stats and Performance - Atlanta Hawks - ESPN
- Philadelphia 76ers vs. Toronto Raptors - Recap - April 18, 2007 - ESPN
- "Rookie Craig Brackins traded to 76ers".
- Hawks add G Willie Green - chicagotribune.com
- CLIPPERS ACQUIRE GUARD WILLIE GREEN FROM ATLANTA
- The Clippers picked up their team option on Willie Green.
- HoopsHype Willie Green profile Retrieved on April 6, 2007