Xbox Entertainment Studios
|Type||Subsidiary of Microsoft Studios|
|Industry||Video game industry|
|Headquarters||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Key people||Nancy Tellem (president)|
Xbox Entertainment Studios is an American video game developer based in Redmond, Washington created internally by Microsoft Studios in 2012, in order to create "interactive television content" for Xbox Live.
Xbox Entertainment Studios is currently developing their first projects, a documentary about the video game crash of 1983 and a live action television series based on the Halo franchise in collaboration with film producer Steven Spielberg. The studio will also co-produce certain live events for Xbox Live, including future editions of the Miss Ecuador, Miss Teen USA and Miss United Continent beauty pageants and the VGX, among others.
It is reported that the studio is developing a street soccer-focused reality series titled Every Street United to coincide with the 2014 FIFA World Cup. as well as a autobiographical series about rapper Nas
- Farber, Dan (2013-02-11). "Microsoft's Xbox Entertainment Studio working on interactive TV". CNET. Retrieved 2013-12-20.
- McWhertor, Michael (2013-05-22). "Halo TV series early in development, but Microsoft expects 'dramatic impact on how people think about TV'". Polygon. Retrieved 2013-12-20.
- "Xbox Execs Talk Momentum and the Future of TV". Microsoft. 2013-02-11. Retrieved 2013-12-20.
- Cook, Dave (2013-10-16). "Xbox One original programming nets football reality show Every Street Reunited – report". VG247. Retrieved 2013-12-20.
- Sweney, Mark (2013-08-15). "Microsoft to fund Blake's 7 remake for Xbox Live service". The Guardian. Retrieved 2013-12-20.
|This Xbox-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|