(Redirected from 1046 BC)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014)
The 1040s BC is a decade which lasted from 1049 BC to 1040 BC.
|Millennium:||2nd millennium BC|
Events and trends
- 1048 BC—Medon, King of Athens, dies after a reign of 20 years and is succeeded by his son Acastus.
- 1046 BC—Following the Battle of Muye, King Wu of Zhou overthrows the Shang Dynasty under the Chinese King Di Xin, and establishes the Zhou Dynasty (1046 BC–256 BC).
- 1044 BC—On the death of Smendes I, king of Egypt, he is succeeded by two co-regents, Psusennes I and Neferkare Amenemnisu.
- c. 1042 BC—Beginning of the Rebellion of the Three Guards. Guanshu Xian and Caishu Du instigate Shang loyalists under Wu Geng to revolt.
- 1041 BC—Some sources propose this as the date of King David's birth