1899 in association football
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
The following are the association football events of the year 1899 throughout the world.
- January 8: FC Freiburg are champions of south Germany.
- February: German club Werder Bremen established
- March 12: Final of first official Swiss championship, won by the Anglo-American Club de Zürich
- March 20: England defeat Wales 4-0 in Bristol.
- May 3: Hungarian club Ferencvárosi TC founded
- May 14: Uruguayan club, Club Nacional de Football is founded being the second Uruguayan football club to be founded and the first Latin American club founded by natives. German club Eintracht Frankfurt founded
- August 31: French club Olympique de Marseille founded
- November 29: Spanish Club FC Barcelona founded
- December 16: Italian club AC Milan founded
- 1899 British Home Championship (March 2 – April 8, 1899)
- March 15 – Arie Bieshaar, Dutch footballer (d. 1965)
- July 11 – Frits Kuipers, Dutch footballer (d. 1943)
- October 30 – Georges Capdeville, French football referee (d. 1991)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2011)|