1891 in association football
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The following are the association football events of the year 1891 throughout the world.
- 1 Events
- 2 National Championship Winners
- 3 International tournaments
- 4 Births
- 5 Deaths
- 6 Footnotes
Clubs founded in 1891
National Championship Winners
- Football League Winners:
- FA Cup Winners:
- Irish Cup Winners:
- Scottish Cup Winners:
- Welsh Cup Winners:
- 1891 British Home Championship (March 28 – April 6, 1891)
- September 22: Charlie Buchan, English international footballer (died 1960)
- December 15: David Wijnveldt, Dutch international footballer (died 1962)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)|
- First amateur season of the Argentine Primera División.
- Championship not recognised by the Argentine Football Association, however, is recognised by FIFA.
- Inaugural season of the Danish Football Tournament.
- Although recognised by the Danish Football Association (DBU), winners of tournament not considered official Danish champions.
- First season of the Irish Football League.
- First official season of the Dutch Football League.
- First season of the Scottish Football League.
- Shrewsbury Town won the Welsh Cup despite being from England.