1986 UK Championship (snooker)
|Dates||22–30 November 1986|
Scottish brewers Tennents took over as the sponsors of the UK Championship after Coral withdrew their sponsorship after 8 years. The event was also best known for Alex Higgins head-butting an official. Higgins was later fined £12,000 and was banned from five subsequent tournaments.
Steve Davis won in the final by defeating Neal Foulds 16–7, who had already won the BCE International two months earlier. Davis won £60,000 and his triumph was a personal landmark, because it took his career winnings past £1 million. The highest break of the tournament was 144 made by Jimmy White.
- Turner, Chris. "UK Championship". cajt.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk. Chris Turner's Snooker Archive. Archived from the original on 16 February 2012. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- "The Hurricane. It was a sobriquet which reflected both Alex Higgins' flamboyant snooker style and his turbulent private life". Sunday Independent on HighBeam Research. Retrieved 10 March 2013.(subscription required)
- Hayton, Eric (2004). The CueSport Book of Professional Snooker. Lowestoft: Rose Villa Publications. p. 34. ISBN 0-9548549-0-X.
- "UK Championship". Snooker Scene. Archived from the original on 24 January 2013. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- "1986 UK Championship Results". Snooker Database. Retrieved 13 October 2010.