1995 UK Championship (snooker)
|Dates||17 November–3 December 1995|
The 1995 Royal Liver Assurance UK Championship was a professional ranking snooker tournament that took place at the Guild Hall in Preston, England. The event started on 17 November 1995 and the televised stages were shown on BBC between 25 November and 3 December 1995.
Stephen Hendry won his fourth UK title by defeating Peter Ebdon 10–3. Hendry also made the first maximum break on televised stage of the UK Championship against Gary Wilkinson. Willie Thorne had made one in 1987, but it wasn't televised. Hendry also cleared a 146 in the last frame of final to win 10–3 against Peter Ebdon.
The breakdown of prize money for this year is shown below:
- Winner: £60,000
- Runner-up: £32,000
- Semi-final: £16,000
- Quarter-finalists: £9,050
- Last 16: £4,550
- Last 32: £2,600
- Last 64: £1,900
1st Round Best of 17 frames
2nd Round Best of 17 frames
|Round of 16||Quarter-finals||Semi-finals||Final|
All Rounds TV breaks in bold
- Turner, Chris. "UK Championship". cajt.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk. Chris Turner's Snooker Archive. Archived from the original on 16 February 2012. Retrieved 1 March 2011.
- Turner, Chris. "Maximum Breaks". cajt.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk. Chris Turner's Snooker Archive. Archived from the original on 10 February 2013. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- "Royal Liver Assurance UK Open". Snooker.org. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- "1995 UK Championship Player Prize Money". Snooker Database. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- "1995 UK Championship Results". Snooker Database. Retrieved 13 March 2013.