2007 in Spain
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 2007|
List of years in Spain
Events in the year 2007 in Spain.
- February 12: Iberian Peninsula earthquake
- February 18: Andalusian constitutional referendum
- May 27: Spanish regional elections, elections to the Aragonese Corts, elections to the Corts Valencianes
- MV New Flame
Arts and entertainment
- In auto racing, Felipe Massa won the Formula One Spanish Grand Prix. Bruno Senna won the feature race and Timo Glock won the sprint race at the Spanish GP2 round. For other events see: 1000km of Valencia and the Spanish Formula Three season.
- In basketball, Spain hosted the EuroBasket won by Russia with Spain second. Real Madrid won the ACB season finals and Winterthur Barcelona won the Copa del Rey de Baloncesto.
- In cycling, Denis Menchov won the Vuelta a España. Spain hosted the UCI Track Cycling World Championships. For other events see: Tour of the Basque Country, Volta a Catalunya, Volta a Lleida and Clásica de San Sebastián.
- In tennis, Meghann Shaughnessy won the singles and Nuria Llagostera Vives and Arantxa Parra Santonja won the couples at the Barcelona KIA.
- Events in other sports: National Badminton Championships, Spanish International Badminton Tournament (badminton), Nestea European Championship Final (beach volleyball), Figure skating at the 2007 European Youth Olympic Festival (figure skating), Valencia Superbike World Championship round (motorcycle racing) and America's Cup (sailing).