2013 British Formula Ford Championship
|2013 British Formula Ford Championship|
|2013 ToCA Support series:
2013 Ginetta Junior Championship
2013 Ginetta GT Supercup
2013 Porsche Carrera Cup GB
2013 Renault Clio Cup UK
The 2013 Dunlop MSA Formula Ford Championship of Great Britain was a multi-event, open-wheel single seater motor racing championship held across England and Scotland. The championship featured a mix of professional motor racing teams and privately funded drivers, competing in Formula Ford cars that conform to the technical regulations for the championship. This season saw the championship adopt a single class format, with all drivers using the latest cars built to the Formula Ford EcoBoost specification. There was also an award for the highest placed rookie. It was the 37th British Formula Ford season and returned to the TOCA tour to form part of the extensive program of support categories built up around the BTCC centrepiece.
The season commenced on 31 March at Brands Hatch – on the circuit's Indy configuration – and concluded on 13 October at the same venue, utilising the Grand Prix circuit, after thirty races to be held at ten meetings, all in support of the 2013 British Touring Car Championship.
Along with the move to support the BTCC, the championship underwent several other technical changes. The championship adopted the new Formula Ford EcoBoost 200 regulations, which included an increase in the EcoBoost engine power from the previous season, along with the new addition of a fully adjustable aerodynamic package which includes front and rear wings previously never seen before in the British Formula Ford Championship. In late October 2012, the series organisers announced that from this season Duratec class cars will be ineligible for the championship, leaving only the EcoBoost class.
Drivers and teams
All teams are British-registered.
Race calendar and results
|Round||Circuit||Date||Pole position||Fastest lap||Winning driver||Winning team||Scholarship winner|
(Indy Circuit, Kent)
|30 March||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Pablo Maranzana|
|R2||31 March||Dan Cammish||Scott Malvern||Dan Cammish||JTR||Pablo Maranzana|
|R3||Dan Cammish||Scott Malvern||Dan Cammish||JTR||Pablo Maranzana|
(National Circuit, Leicestershire)
|20 April||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Harrison Scott|
|R5||21 April||Dan Cammish||Luke Williams||Dan Cammish||JTR||Harrison Scott|
|R6||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Pablo Maranzana|
|4 May||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Andy Richardson|
|R8||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Harrison Scott|
|R9||5 May||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Andy Richardson|
(Island Circuit, Cheshire)
|8 June||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Sam Brabham|
|R11||9 June||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Sam Brabham|
|R12||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Harrison Scott|
|22 June||Harrison Scott||Harrison Scott||Dan Cammish||JTR||Pablo Maranzana|
|R14||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Harrison Scott|
|R15||23 June||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Harrison Scott|
|6||R16||Snetterton Motor Racing Circuit
(300 Circuit, Norfolk)
|3 August||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Harrison Scott|
|R17||4 August||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Harrison Scott|
|R18||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Harrison Scott|
|7||R19||Knockhill Racing Circuit
|24 August||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Pablo Maranzana|
|R20||25 August||Pablo Maranzana||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Pablo Maranzana|
|R21||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Pablo Maranzana|
|8||R22||Rockingham Motor Speedway
(International Super Sports Car Circuit, Northamptonshire)
|14 September||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Sam Brabham|
|R23||15 September||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||Dan Cammish||JTR||Sam Brabham|
|R24||Dan Cammish||Jayde Kruger||Dan Cammish||JTR||Harrison Scott|
(National Circuit, Northamptonshire)
|28 September||Max Marshall||Juan Angel Rosso||Camren Kaminsky||JTR||Sam Brabham|
|R26||29 September||Max Marshall||Andy Richardson||Jayde Kruger||Jamun Racing||Sam Brabham|
|R27||Max Marshall||Max Marshall||Harrison Scott||Falcon Motorsport||Harrison Scott|
(Grand Prix Circuit, Kent)
|12 October||James Abbott||Harrison Scott||Juan Angel Rosso||Jamun Racing||Harrison Scott|
|R29||13 October||Simon Rudd||Jayde Kruger||Juan Angel Rosso||Jamun Racing||Harrison Scott|
|R30||Juan Angel Rosso||Andy Richardson||Juan Angel Rosso||Jamun Racing||Andy Richardson|
Bold – Pole
|Guest nations ineligible for points|
- "Formula Ford returns in 2013". British Touring Car Championship. TOCA. 12 October 2012. Archived from the original on 23 July 2013. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "2013 Formula Ford Championship Brochure" (PDF). British Formula Ford Championship. Max Communications. Retrieved 29 October 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "BRSCC ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR DURATEC FORMULA FORD". BRSCC.co.uk. British Racing and Sports Car Club. 29 October 2012. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- "American racer joins JTR for Formula Ford". British Formula Ford Championship. Max Communications. 9 January 2013. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "Cammish to bid for Formula Ford title with JTR". British Formula Ford Championship. Max Communications. 30 January 2013. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "Sam Brabham joins Formula Ford grid". British Formula Ford Championship. Max Communications. 28 March 2013. Archived from the original on 24 December 2013. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- "Falcon swoops on Formula Ford with kart star Harrison Scott". British Formula Ford Championship. Max Communications. 31 January 2013. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "RADICAL MOVES FOR NEW SINTER FORMULA FORD". British Formula Ford Championship. Max Communications. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- Paice, Simon (13 March 2013). "Malvern Announces Formula Ford Return". The Checkered Flag. BlackEagleMedia Network. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Jamun signs Argentinian driver for 2013 Formula Ford campaign". British Formula Ford Championship. Max Communications. 30 January 2013. Retrieved 8 February 2013.
- "Maranzana joins Jamun team for Formula Ford campaign". British Formula Ford Championship. Max Communications. 25 February 2013. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Radical team joins Formula Ford grid for 2013". British Formula Ford Championship. Max Communications. 21 December 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Meridian Motorsport joins Formula Ford with plans for two-car team". British Formula Ford Championship. Max Communications. 7 July 2013. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "BTCC issues 2013 race dates". British Touring Car Championship. TOCA. 29 August 2012. Archived from the original on 11 January 2013. Retrieved 29 August 2012.