2011 F2000 Championship Series
|2011 F2000 Championship season|
The 2011 F2000 Championship Series season was the sixth season of competition in the series, an American professional touring open-wheel racing series using the Formula Ford. It consisted of 14 rounds (seven double-race weekends), beginning April 8 at Virginia International Raceway and concluding October 16 at Watkins Glen International.
Twenty-six-year-old Canadian driver Remy Audette, competing for a family-owned team, won five races and finished on the podium four more times on his way to the championship by an over 100 point margin over his closest challenger, American Chris Livengood who won twice. Twenty-year-old American Kyle Connery won six times, but failed to finish four times and failed to start twice, while Audette finished every race seventh or better. The only other driver to win a race was Australian Nathan Morcom who won the season opener at Virginia International Raceway.
American Tim Minor captured his second Master's Class title for drivers 40 and older. Minor finished on the overall podium six times and finished fourth in the overall championship.
The season finale at Watkins Glen International drew a large 35-car field but at the start of the race Tom Fatur crashed hard into the pit wall separator, forcing the race to be postponed one day due to damage to the wall. Despite the hard impact, Fatur was uninjured.
Drivers and teams
Race calendar and results
This list only contains drivers who registered for the championship.
(M) indicates driver is participating in Masters Class for drivers over 40 years of age.
- "F2000 Announces 2010 Schedule". f2000championshipseries.com. F2000 Championship Series. November 2, 2010. Retrieved February 6, 2011.
- International Motorsports: Rémy Audette, Only Quebec Driver Crowned 2011 US Champion!, Inside Track, October 26, 2011, Retrieved 2011-10-26
- Watkins Glen – Schedule Adjusted Following Saturday Races, F2000 Championship Series, October 15, 2011, Retrieved 2011-10-16
- "Ringel Signs with McLaughlin Motorsports". f2000championshipseries.com. F2000 Championship Series. February 7, 2011. Retrieved February 9, 2011.
- 2011 VIR Entry List, F2000 Championship Series, Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- "February Off-Season Blog: Tim Paul". f2000championshipseries.com. F2000 Championship Series. February 1, 2011. Retrieved February 9, 2011.
- "HP-Tech Announces 2011 F2000 Effort with RFR". f2000championshipseries.com. F2000 Championship Series. December 27, 2010. Retrieved February 9, 2011.
- F2000 Championship: Alegra Motorsports Signs Rookies Rizzo and Benitez, eFormulaCarNews, February 28, 2011, Retrieved 2011-03-01
- "Work Racing Brings Back Livengood for 2011". f2000championshipseries.com. F2000 Championship Series. January 26, 2011. Retrieved February 9, 2011.
- F2000 Championship: Afterburner Adds Coello to 2011 Driver Line-up, eFormulaCarNews, February 11, 2011, Retrieved 2011-02-11