2019 in Algeria
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- President: Abdelaziz Bouteflika
- Prime Minister:
- March 2 - Tens of thousands of Algerians demonstrate in the streets against President Bouteflika's bid for reelection for a fifth term, with 183 injured.
- March 11 - President Bouteflika announces he will not seek a fifth term in office and postpones the election with no date given. Prime Minister Ouyahia also resigns and is replaced by Noureddine Bedoui.
- March 14 - Protests continue as some see the postponement of the election as the President extending his rule.
- "183 injured in Algeria protests: state news agency". 2019-03-02. Retrieved 2019-03-16.
- "Algeria's Bouteflika will not seek fifth term, delays elections". 2019-03-12. Retrieved 2019-03-16.
- "Algeria: Prime Minister Ahmed Ouyahia resigns, Noureddine Bedoui replaces him". 2019-03-11. Retrieved 2019-03-16.
- "Why Algeria Is Still Protesting After Ruler Relents". 2019-03-14. Retrieved 2019-03-16.
- "Algeria's powerful military chief Ahmed Gaid Salah dies". France 24. December 23, 2019.