2019 in Egypt
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 2019|
List of years in Egypt
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2019)
- February 27 – Ramses Station rail disaster: A train smashes into a barrier inside Ramses Station in Cairo, Egypt, causing an explosion and a fire, killing 25 people and injuring 40 others.
- September 22 – Police crack down on protests against President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi. 274 protesters are arrested in Cairo, Suez City, Port Said, Alexandria, and other cities after the actor and contractor Mohamed Ali alleges Sisi and top military officers are enriching themselves by building palaces and hotels.
- June 5 – Mohamed Negm, Egyptian actor and comedian (b. 1944)
- June 17 – Mohamed Morsi, 5th President of Egypt (b. 1951)
- July 1 – Ezzat Abou Aouf, Egyptian actor (b. 1948)
- July 21 – Adel Zaky, Egyptian Roman Catholic prelate (b. 1947)
- July 25 – Farouk al-Fishawy, Egyptian actor (b. 1952)
- "Deadly fire after train crashes at Cairo's main station". France 24. February 27, 2019. Retrieved June 8, 2019.
- Riot police crack down on spontaneous demonstrations against President Sisi in cities across Egypt by Borzou Daragahi, The Independent, 22 Sep 2020
- Prominent Egyptian journalist, Ahram Online founder Hani Shukrallah dies at 69
- Egyptian theatre star Mohamed Negm dies at 75
- Egypt's ousted president Mohammed Morsi dies during trial
- Veteran Egyptian actor Ezzat Abu Auf dies at 70
- Bishop Adel Zaky
- Egyptian actor Farouk Al Fishawy dies, aged 67, following cancer battle
- "Son of former Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi dies aged 25". Associated Press. September 5, 2019 – via www.theguardian.com.
- "Actor Haitham, son of film star Ahmed Zaki, dies at 35". EgyptToday. Retrieved 2019-11-07.