|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1980s 1990s 2000s – 2010s – 2020s 2030s 2040s|
|Years:||2016 2017 2018 – 2019 – 2020 2021 2022|
|Ab urbe condita||2772|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||戊戌年 (Earth Dog)
4715 or 4655
— to —
己亥年 (Earth Pig)
4716 or 4656
|- Vikram Samvat||2075–2076|
|- Shaka Samvat||1940–1941|
|- Kali Yuga||5119–5120|
|Japanese calendar||Heisei 31
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 108
|Thai solar calendar||2562|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2019.|
2019 (MMXIX) will be a common year starting on Tuesday (dominical letter F) of the Gregorian calendar, the 2019th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 19th year of the 3rd millennium, the 19th year of the 21st century, and the 10th and last year of the 2010s decade.
Predicted and scheduled events
- January 1
- Assuming that the copyright laws are not changed further, all works published in 1923 enter the public domain in the U.S., the first works to do so since the passage of the 1998 Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act.
- Unmanned spaceprobe New Horizons will make a close approach of the Kuiper belt object (KBO) 2014 MU69 on this date.
- June 8 – The 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup, to be hosted by France, is scheduled to open at Parc Olympique Lyonnais in the Lyon suburb of Décines. The final is scheduled for July 7 at the same venue.[importance?]
- September 20 – The 2019 Rugby World Cup (rugby union) is scheduled to open in Japan. It will be the first Rugby World Cup to be held in a nation outside the traditional top tier of the sport (i.e., those participating in the Six Nations Championship and The Rugby Championship). The final is scheduled for November 2. [importance?]
- December – The final stage of the new cross London railway, Crossrail, opens enabling trains to run from Shenfield & Abbey Wood in the east to Reading & Heathrow Airport in the West. [importance?]
- December 26 – An annular solar eclipse will be visible from South Asia.
- The European Spallation Source is expected to go in to operation in Lund, Sweden 
- The Bangladesh Navy plans to commission its submarine force in 2019.
- Completion of the Xayaburi Dam in Laos.
- British troops will leave Germany, having been stationed there since World War II.
- A complete ban on lead ammunition for hunting will come into force across California.
- The Union of South American Nations (UNASUR) is expected to complete the process of eliminating tariffs on sensitive products, thus establishing a single market throughout most of South America.
- NASA: Annular Solar Eclipse of 2019 December 26, 2009-09-15, retrieved 2010-08-07
- "Home Page". European Spallation Source. 2015-08-11.
- Shakhawat Liton (2009-06-24). "Navy eyes sub, new frigates". The Daily Star. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- "Laos approves Xayaburi 'mega' dam on Mekong". BBC News. 2012-11-06.
- "British troops to leave Germany by 2019". Spacedaily.com. Retrieved 2014-08-11.
- "Historic Vote Moves California Closer to Banning Lead Hunting Ammunition". Biologicaldiversity.org. 2013-09-09. Retrieved 2014-08-11.