2019 in Tunisia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- President: Kais Saied
- Prime Minister: Youssef Chahed
- President of the Assembly of the Representatives by the People: Rached Ghannouchi
- 27 - Suicide Bombing in Tunis, Tunisia
- 15 - The first round of the 2019 Tunisian presidential election is held
- 6 - The 2019 Tunisian parliamentary election are held and Ennahdha Movement wins with 52 seats in the Assembly of the Representatives of the People
- 13 - The second round of the 2019 Tunisian presidential election is held and Kais Saied wins
- 21 - Former Professor Kais Saied becomes President of Tunisia
- 20 January – Mustapha Filali, politician (b. 1921).
- 31 March – Hedi Turki, painter (b. 1922).
- 25 July - Beji Caid Essebsi incumbent president Sebsi.
- 15 September 2019 — Chadlia Caid Essebsi (b. 1936), 83, Tunisian consort, First Lady (2014–2019), heart attack.
- September 19 – Zine El Abidine Ben Ali, 14th Prime Minister and 2nd President of Tunisia (b. 1936)
- "Tunisia bans niqab in government offices | DW | 05.07.2019". DW.COM.
- "Tunisia bans face veils in public institutions after bombing". www.aljazeera.com.
- "Décès du syndicaliste et ancien ministre de Bourguiba, Mustapha Filali, 97 ans : un parcours d'exception". leaders.com.tn (in French). Retrieved 23 January 2019.
- "Décès du grand peintre Hédi Turki : Une grande figure de l'Ecole de Tunis". Kapitalis. March 31, 2019. Archived from the original on March 31, 2019.