|Centuries:||2nd century – 3rd century – 4th century|
|Decades:||200s 210s 220s – 230s – 240s 250s 260s|
|Years:||227 228 229 – 230 – 231 232 233|
|230 by topic|
|State leaders – Sovereign states|
|Birth and death categories|
|Births – Deaths|
|Establishment and disestablishment categories|
|Establishments – Disestablishments|
|Ab urbe condita||983|
|Chinese calendar||己酉年 (Earth Rooster)
2926 or 2866
— to —
庚戌年 (Metal Dog)
2927 or 2867
|Coptic calendar||−54 – −53|
|- Vikram Samvat||286–287|
|- Shaka Samvat||152–153|
|- Kali Yuga||3331–3332|
|Iranian calendar||392 BP – 391 BP|
|Islamic calendar||404 BH – 403 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1682 before ROC
|Seleucid era||541/542 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||772–773|
Year 230 (CCXXX) was a common year starting on Friday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Agricola and Clementinus (or, less frequently, year 983 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 230 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Emperor Alexander Severus decides that Thessaly should be a separate province from Macedonia. He increased taxes in order to maintain the war against the Sassanids and strengthening the defenses of the Roman Empire.
- King Ardashir I, ruler of the Persian Empire, invades the Roman province of Mesopotamia and unsuccessfully besieges the fortress town of Nisibis (Turkey). His army threatens the border outposts of Syria and Cappadocia.
- Alexander Severus assembled the Roman army and establish his headquarters at Antioch. He makes an attempt for diplomatic solutions, but the Persians decline and choose for war.
- July 21 – Pope Pontian succeeds Pope Urban I as the eighteenth pope.
- Patriarch Castinus succeeds Patriarch Ciriacus I as Patriarch of Constantinople.
- Seventy Bishops hold the Council of the Christian Church of Africa.
- May 23 – Pope Urban I
- July 9 – Empress Dowager Bian, Cao Cao's wife (b. 159)
- Naehae of Silla
- Wu Zhi, adviser under Cao Pi of the Kingdom of Wei
- Zhong Yao, minister of the Kingdom of Wei (b. 151)
- Zhang Yi, officer of the Kingdom of Shu (b. 167)