24th World Scout Jamboree
|24th World Scout Jamboree|
|Theme||Unlock a New World|
|Location||The Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve|
|Country||United States, Canada and Mexico|
|Date||22 July to 2 August 2019|
|Executive Director||Marty Walsh|
The 24th World Scout Jamboree[a] (Spanish:24º Jamboree Scout Mundial, French:24e Jamboree Scout Mondial) will be held at the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve in West Virginia from 22 July to 2 August 2019. The hosting duties will be split between the Boy Scouts of America, Scouts Canada, and Asociación de Scouts de México. The theme is Unlock a New World.
The Sustainability Treehouse is a living education center for visitors to the Summit Bechtel Reserve, not only providing information, but also immersing visitors in the concept of sustainability. Between the local timber used to build the structure, the rainwater recovery system, and the wind and solar generated energy, stream restoration, recycling and geothermal heat are just a few examples of the additional sustainability efforts practiced at the Summit.
Global Development Village
At the Global Development Village, Scouts will have the opportunity to learn about global issues and how Scouting can help provide a solution. Many organizations will be on site from across the globe to showcase how Scouts can take what they learn at the jamboree and translate that into helping in their home country.
Faith and Beliefs
The Faith and Beliefs zone is an area where Scouts can learn about the different religions of the world and their history and support of Scouting. Jamboree participants will also have the opportunity to participate in a religious service according to their own custom and traditions.
Cultural Experience Day
Scouts will have the opportunity to share their culture with other Scouts of the world through, music, dance, games, food and more.
During the jamboree, Scouts will have the opportunity to witness and participate in many special activities, starting each morning with a flag raising ceremony, special jamboree guests, musical performances, aircraft flyovers, and campfires.
The opening and closing shows will take place in the AT&T Summit Stadium, to showcase the best of Scouting.
Season of Service
The Season of Service, supported by the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM), will give every Scout the opportunity to be involved in community service and to share their experiences with others, starting on 1 June 2019 and continuing until 21 July 2019, when the 24th World Scout Jamboree begins.
- The 24th World Scout Jamboree is commonly referred to by the Boy Scouts of America as the 2019 World Scout Jamboree.
- "World Scout Jamboree coming to southern W.Va. in 2019". The Roanoke Times. Associated Press. 13 January 2011. Archived from the original on 8 September 2012. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- "Martin Walsh Named Executive Director of 2019 World Scout Jamboree". Scouting Newsroom. 1 December 2015. Archived from the original on 1 December 2015. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- Wendel, Bryan (13 January 2011). "The Summit Will Host the 2019 World Scout Jamboree". Scouting. Archived from the original on 23 January 2011. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- "Kurzbericht über den Verlauf der 39. World Scout Conference (WSC) in Curitiba (Brasilien)" [Short report on the progress of the 39th World Scout Conference (WSC) in Curitiba (Brazil)] (PDF) (in German). Verband Christlicher Pfadfinderinnen und Pfadfinder. Archived (PDF) from the original on 27 September 2011. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- "Why 24th WSJ?". 2019wsj.org. Archived from the original on 15 June 2018. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- "Develop Friendships". 2019wsj.org. Archived from the original on 15 June 2018. Retrieved 24 September 2018.