ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Slogan||In The Service of the Filipino Worldwide|
ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs (formerly ABS-CBN News and Public Affairs and also known as ABS-CBN News) is the news division of Philippine media conglomerate ABS-CBN. The organization is responsible for the daily news and information gathering of its news programs.
It serves the main ABS-CBN, the Regional Network Group, the UHF sports channel S+A, the cable channels ABS-CBN News Channel and DZMM TeleRadyo, the flagship radio station DZMM and the regional radio networks DYAP 765 Palawan, DYAB 1512 Cebu and DXAB 1296 Davao and news websites news.abs-cbn.com and patrol.ph.
The division operates mainly and headquartered at ABS-CBN Broadcast Complex in Quezon City while the ABS-CBN regional stations also have their local news divisions, which is a big help in newsgathering for the whole network. It also has a news bureaus in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East with the help of The Filipino Channel (owned by ABS-CBN Global, Ltd.), these make ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs ahead among the other news organizations in the country as they were the largest and the most comprehensive when it comes to local and international newsgathering.
The division is currently headed by long-time journalist and former ABS-CBN’s North America Bureau Chief, and now ABS-CBN's Senior Vice President for News and Current Affairs Ging Reyes. It is further subdivided into different subgroups:
- Integrated News Operations Group, headed by veteran ABS-CBN journalist and former DZMM Radyo Patrol Sais Trenta reporter, Claude Vitug.
- News Gathering Group, headed by veteran ABS-CBN journalist, former DZMM Radyo Patrol Sais Trenta reporter and former Middle East News Bureau chief, Dindo Amparo.
- Current Affairs Group, headed by experienced news department staff, Dondi Ocampo.
- News Production Group, headed by core executive producer for some ABS-CBN's public affairs programmes, Cheryl Favila.
- Investigative and Research Group, headed by experienced news department staff and former reporter for Manila Standard Today, Chi Almario-Gonzales.
- ABS-CBN News Channel, headed by its Chief Operating Officer, Cilette Liboro-Co.
- Regional Network Group News and Current Affairs, headed by television journalist and former Head of News for ABS-CBN Iloilo, Stanley Palisada.
- ABS-CBN Weather Center is the weather forecasting division of ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs.
- DZMM Radyo Patrol Sais Trenta, ABS-CBN's flagship AM radio station headed by station manager, Marah Faner-Capuyan.
- DZMM TeleRadyo, ABS-CBN's flagship AM radio station on Television headed by station manager, Marah Faner-Capuyan.
- DocuCentral is the producer of highly acclaimed documentaries that shown on ABS-CBN's platforms.
Aside from regular programming, it also operates the ABS-CBN News Channel, the first and the only 24-hour English language news service in the country. The division also operates a news website ABS-CBNnews.com in partnership with BusinessMirror.
- 1 Programs
- 2 Current programs on ABS-CBN Regional
- 3 iPatrol Mo!
- 4 See also
- 5 External links
Current programs on ABS-CBN
- ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs Special Report
- Failon Ngayon
- Mga Kwento ni Marc Logan
- News Patrol
- Pinoy True Stories
- Mission Possible
- My Puhunan
- Red Alert
- Sports U
- Tapatan ni Tunying
- Rated K
- Salamat Dok!
- S.O.C.O. (Scene of the Crime Operatives)
- Swak na Swak
- The Bottomline with Boy Abunda
- TV Patrol
- TV Patrol Weekend
- Umagang Kay Ganda
Current programs on ABS-CBN News Channel
- ANC Breaking News
- ANC Headlines
- ANC Live
- ANC Presents
- Beyond Politics with Lynda Jumilla
- Business Nightly
- Dateline Philippines
- Early Edition
- Executive Class
- Future Perfect
- Green Living
- Headstart with Karen Davila
- Market Edge with Cathy Yang
- News Now
- Shop Talk
- Talkback with Tina Palma
- The Boss
- The World Tonight
- Top Story
Current programs on S+A
- Fast Break
- The Score
Current programs on The Filipino Channel
- Adobo Nation
- Balitang America
- Balitang Canada
- Balitang Europe
- Balitang Middle East
- Citizen Pinoy
- Kwentong Disyerto
Current programs on ABS-CBN Regional
Note: All programming mentioned below can also be seen on the ABS-CBN Regional Channel.
Regional TV Patrol
- TV Patrol Bicol (ABS-CBN TV-11 Naga)
- TV Patrol Cagayan Valley (ABS-CBN TV-2 Isabela)
- TV Patrol Ilocos (ABS-CBN TV-7 Laoag)
- TV Patrol North Central Luzon (ABS-CBN TV-32 Dagupan)
- TV Patrol Northern Luzon (ABS-CBN TV-3 Baguio)
- TV Patrol Palawan (ABS-CBN TV-7 Palawan)
- TV Patrol Pampanga (ABS-CBN TV-46 Pampanga)
- TV Patrol Southern Tagalog (ABS-CBN TV-10 Batangas)
- TV Patrol Central Visayas (ABS-CBN TV-3 Cebu)
- TV Patrol Negros (ABS-CBN TV-4 Bacolod)
- TV Patrol Panay (ABS-CBN TV-10 Iloilo)
- TV Patrol Tacloban (ABS-CBN TV-2 Tacloban)
- TV Patrol Caraga (ABS-CBN TV-11 Butuan)
- TV Patrol Central Mindanao (ABS-CBN TV-5 Cotabato)
- TV Patrol Chavacano (ABS-CBN TV-3 Zamboanga)
- TV Patrol Northern Mindanao (ABS-CBN TV-2 Cagayan de Oro)
- TV Patrol Socsksargen (ABS-CBN TV-3 General Santos)
- TV Patrol Southern Mindanao (ABS-CBN TV-4 Davao)
Other regional programs
- Agri Tayo Dito
- Ano Ngani?
- Bagong Umaga, Bagong Balita
- Bagong Umaga, Sabado
- Bida Kapampangan
- Maayong Buntag Kapamilya
- Maayong Buntag Kapamilya Sabado
- Maayong Buntag Mindanao
- Maayong Buntag Mindanao Sabado
- Mag TV Na
- Marhay na Aga Kapamilya!
- Naimbag Nga Morning Kapamilya
- Pamahaw Espesyal
- Sikat Ka! Iloilo
- Sikat Ka! Iloilo Sabado
- The Morning Show
Agri Tayo Dito and Mag TV Na are produced, however, by the news division besides Kapamilya, Mas Winner Ka! (Visayas and Mindanao's regional game show).
ABS-CBN News launched its own citizen journalism campaign during its coverage of the 2007 Philippine General Elections. Initially entitled Boto Mo, iPatrol Mo! (Tagalog for Your Vote, You Patrol), it reflects upon the station's flagship newscast, TV Patrol. The campaign is now called Bayan Mo, iPatrol Mo! (Your Town, You Patrol) and is often abbreviated as BMPM.
An extension of the campaign BMPM: Ako ang Simula (I Am the Beginning) was launched on May 11, 2009 - and was its banner for the network's coverage of the 2010 Presidential Elections. A re-launch of the campaign was carried out in June 2009 by the network as part of its commemoration of Philippine Independence Day.
For 2013, the campaign evolves to BMPM: Tayo Na! (Tagalog for Let's Go!) as its citizen journalism arm for the network's coverage of the 2013 Elections. This campaign was kicked off last June 12, 2012.
What once started out as an arm that is mainly dependent on using SMS and MMS technologies, BMPM has provided more venues for "Patrollers" - people who submit reports to BMPM - through its digital and social media presences, including its Facebook account, Twitter account, and its redesigned website (where people could upload their reports through the website's "Submit" page or through using the Hashtag #BMPMTayoNa). BMPM also comes as a feature in two mobile apps - ABS-CBNnews.com's and COMELEC's - which are present in iOS, Android, and Windows.
- List of programs broadcast by ABS-CBN
- List of programs broadcast by ABS-CBN Sports and Action
- List of programs shown on the ABS-CBN News Channel
- DZMM Radyo Patrol 630 kHz AM